Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

Here you are.  I've brought it back to you as I know some of you need it as some sort of emotional crutch, a support group, where you can chat with a tiny minority of like minded individuals.

Anyway, let me just check.  Yes, we're still out of the EU as the majority wanted over 8 years ago.  Yes it's 8 years.  Surprisingly, even the majority of Remainers have managed to get on with their lives but for the tiny minority, you've still got this thread. 

The desperation is palpable! 🤣

11 minutes ago, Bamanamanana said:

I won't be containing my Brexit related comments to this thread, given it's obvious relevance to a wide varieties of topics, particularly anything relating to public finances, services and benefits.

Rightly so!

10 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Ooooooooooh yes you will? 

LOL, what are you going to do, repeatedly highlight you really had no idea what you were voting, over and over again, like you do every time?

The "friends", and the complete lack of any understanding why they left when they did though... priceless! 🤣

17 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Rightly so!

LOL, what are you going to do, repeatedly highlight you really had no idea what you were voting, over and over again, like you do every time?

The "friends", and the complete lack of any understanding why they left when they did though... priceless! 🤣

I knew exactly & got what I wanted in the EU referendum.  The UK out of the EU.  

I bring this thread back so that you &, I was going to state half a dozen of you but I think we're down to 4 Remainers now, have somewhere they can gather & support each other. 

I knew exactly & got what I wanted in the EU referendum.  The UK out of the EU. 

...and benefit cuts for pensioners, impoverished public services and increased taxes.

You won, get over it! 🤣

I bring this thread back so that you &, I was going to state half a dozen of you but I think we're down to 4 Remainers now, have somewhere they can gather & support each other. 

No support needed, Brexit is collapsing under the weight of it's own stupidity!

The vast, vast majority now recognise it was a mistake.

None of this has anything to do with the consequences, which of course, you're desperate to avoid.

A common theme of your posts, along with stagging self denial!

Don't worry, I'll be along to remind you when you're desperately casting about for someone else to blame. :thumbsup:

A Brexit disadvantage for UK car dealers:

Japan overtakes UK as top supplier in Ireland's used car imports market:

https://www.irishexaminer.com/business/economy/arid-41451286.html

Japanese imports have increased nearly tenfold, from 2,321 in 2014 to 21,716 in 2023. In contrast, imports from the UK, traditionally Ireland's top supplier, have declined from 44,939 in 2014 to 14,904 in 2023

5 minutes ago, Magilla said:

...and benefit cuts for pensioners, impoverished public services and increased taxes.

You won, get over it! 🤣

No support needed, Brexit is collapsing under the weight of it's own stupidity!

The vast, vast majority now recognise it was a mistake.

None of this has anything to do with the consequences, which of course, you're desperate to avoid.

A common theme of your posts, along with stagging self denial!

Don't worry, I'll be along to remind you when you're desperately casting about for someone else to blame. :thumbsup:

Denial?  I was one of the 17 million plus majority, that's 17,000,000 plus we were happy back then & happy now as well.  Cue to a post of Gurniad link of a survey of 500 Islington dwellers that voted for Brexit but now wished they hadn't, (because, like one Londoner at a pro-EU rally in London last year that was highlighted on the BBC's 'Newswatch' programme because it made Remainers look stupid & they didn't like it), complaining that she was struggling after Brexit to get tablecloths from Germany.  🤣

Oh & don't worry, I'll also be along to remind you on here as well.  And next time I'll be taking a register of the moaning Remainers to see if your numbers have dropped further. 

Remainers.  Going the way of the Dodo. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Denial?  I was one of the 17 million plus majority, that's 17,000,000 plus we were happy back then & happy now as well.

Sure, well... if you only include those imaginary friends of yours, but in the wider UK, complete nonsense!

Leavers 'more likely to regret Brexit vote' than Remainers, study finds

https://www.kcl.ac.uk/news/leavers-more-likely-to-regret-brexit-vote-than-remainers-study-finds

The Brexit referendum and three types of regret:

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11127-022-00997-z

Brexit regret among Leave voters hits record high, poll finds:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-leave-remain-bregret-b2343546.html

Brexit has completely failed for UK, say clear majority of Britons:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/dec/30/britons-brexit-bad-uk-poll-eu-finances-nhs

In hindsight, do you think Britain was right or wrong to vote to leave the European Union?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/987347/brexit-opinion-poll/

It ain't 17,000,000 any more!

Your entire claim is just another exercise in denial, right there! 🤣

29 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Oh & don't worry, I'll also be along to remind you on here as well. 

With tales from your imaginary friends, no doubt!

19 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

And next time I'll be taking a register of the moaning Remainers to see if your numbers have dropped further. 

Given the clear direction of travel of the public's view of Brexit, good luck with that! :thumbsup:

21 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Remainers.  Going the way of the Dodo. 

Remainers went the way of the Dodo on 31st December 2020, you're the only one obsessed with them now! 🙄

The consequences though, they're very much alive, and present.

If only you'd given some thought to who was going to pay for it eh!

Why do you even bother?  An idiot rocks up and you take the bait hook, line and sinker.

Brexit is all fun and games till you actually want something from the Independent Britain the Tories created.

Good luck getting service from the Police when you're a victim of crime

Good luck accessing public services now they've been cut to the bone

Good luck with your health issues now the NHS is a total mess.

Majority of people over 50 voted in favour of Brexit.  They'll now be living with chronic health issues for years, daily battles with pain, mobility and the indignity of losing control of your own body.  NHS treatment can take years to arrive.

They deserve it.

• Sad 1

On 15/10/2024 at 16:56, Magilla said:

A Brexit disadvantage for UK car dealers:

Japan overtakes UK as top supplier in Ireland's used car imports market:

https://www.irishexaminer.com/business/economy/arid-41451286.html

Japanese imports have increased nearly tenfold, from 2,321 in 2014 to 21,716 in 2023. In contrast, imports from the UK, traditionally Ireland's top supplier, have declined from 44,939 in 2014 to 14,904 in 2023

Bit of a red herring this one..due to the worldwide shortage of chips following Covid and the start of the Russian invasion of Ukraine, new cars dropped into very short supply both in Ireland and the UK...secondhand prices in the UK  subsequently boomed...leading to Japanese imports increasing significantly into the UK market, not only were they available, due to the weakness of the Yen they were cheap.

On 15/10/2024 at 19:18, geared said:

Why do you even bother?  An idiot rocks up and you take the bait hook, line and sinker.

Brexit is all fun and games till you actually want something from the Independent Britain the Tories created.

Good luck getting service from the Police when you're a victim of crime

Good luck accessing public services now they've been cut to the bone

Good luck with your health issues now the NHS is a total mess.

Majority of people over 50 voted in favour of Brexit.  They'll now be living with chronic health issues for years, daily battles with pain, mobility and the indignity of losing control of your own body.  NHS treatment can take years to arrive.

They deserve it.

Are you ok smiler ?