Quick question: Art shop just off West Street

Was that the art shop on the little road behind the City Hall, just off West Street? If so, I remember it very fondly. I used to buy loads of stuff for O Level Art from there when I was at school. I was really sorry to hear that it had closed. Little art shops are much more knowledgeable and less soulless than the giants like Hobby Craft et al.

Was that the art shop on the little road behind the City Hall, just off West Street? If so, I remember it very fondly. I used to buy loads of stuff for O Level Art from there when I was at school. I was really sorry to hear that it had closed. Little art shops are much more knowledgeable and less soulless than the giants like Hobby Craft et al.

Hecate

That's the one.Lovely shop it was.

there are a couple of really decent arty/crafty shops up at Crookes. I bought a "helping hands" from one of them for £3.99 which by tghe time p&P was added to the costs, was far less than any ebay offering. :D otherwise there;s carsons or Pinders.

• 8 months later...

We Are A Well Established Stationers On West Street Opposite The Jobcentre. Most Students Recommend Us To There Friends And We Su[pply Many Local Businesses. We Are In The Yellow Pages If You Wish To Contact Us About The Services We Off.

Regards- Carsons Stationery And Print

Andrews Graphics went years ago... 10 years maybe? It had a nice selection of artists materials but the graphics side of things were comprehensively usurped by Pinders. My first drawing board was from Andrews though. :)

Archived