Igloo Won't Pay For Your Meat Expenses

37 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Because no one only eats meat.

and because we aren’t carnivores.

and because no one is being prevented from eating - just eating a certain food.

so all your “lefty” rant is irrelevant.

Because no one only eats meat

You need to do some research

'We' might not be but some people are, and in the admittedly quite unlikely  event of one of these working for Igloo they would absolutely be discriminated against

and because no one is being prevented from eating - just eating a certain food

Yes and the food is meat which carnivores eat exclusively , hence it is absolutely discriminatory to carnivores .

'lefty' ????   'rant' ????  You need to read some of your own posts, and as your knowledge of carnivores is woefully lacking , I suspect some will think it is your own posts which are irrelevant.

Guest makapaka
9 minutes ago, jonnyhonda said:

Because no one only eats meat

You need to do some research

'We' might not be but some people are, and in the admittedly quite unlikely  event of one of these working for Igloo they would absolutely be discriminated against

and because no one is being prevented from eating - just eating a certain food

Yes and the food is meat which carnivores eat exclusively , hence it is absolutely discriminatory to carnivores .

'lefty' ????   'rant' ????  You need to read some of your own posts, and as your knowledge of carnivores is woefully lacking , I suspect some will think it is your own posts which are irrelevant.

Humans aren’t carnivores.

it doesn’t matter how many times you say it.

You can’t discriminate against something that doesn’t exist. 

21 hours ago, makapaka said:

Are vegetarian restaurants discriminating against people?

No because people eating there are vegetarian or make a choice to eat there. If I take a job at a company I commit to work for them I don't expect or feel that it's fair when eating for them to only reimburse me if they approve of me food choices. I am an adult I am entitled to make my own food choices. 

38 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Humans are individuals. We are raised hopefully to make our own choices which say alot about who we are. How we have our hair cut, if we were trousers a dress what colour clothing and style suits us. What we choose to eat, set an amount no alcohol on expenses fair enough. If we get a sandwich if we order a bar meal on expenses personal and dietary choice should prevail.  An employer telling you what you can eat when claiming expenses why? Makes no sense and why? They pay your wages they don't or shouldn't have a say on what you choose to eat. What next it's too controlling too intrusive too dictating for my taste personally. 

Guest makapaka
27 minutes ago, rachelmum said:

Humans are individuals. We are raised hopefully to make our own choices which say alot about who we are. How we have our hair cut, if we were trousers a dress what colour clothing and style suits us. What we choose to eat, set an amount no alcohol on expenses fair enough. If we get a sandwich if we order a bar meal on expenses personal and dietary choice should prevail.  An employer telling you what you can eat when claiming expenses why? Makes no sense and why? They pay your wages they don't or shouldn't have a say on what you choose to eat. What next it's too controlling too intrusive too dictating for my taste personally. 

Why do you agree with them setting limits

on alcohol but not meat?

isnt that discriminatory against people that drink alcohol?

41 minutes ago, rachelmum said:

No because people eating there are vegetarian or make a choice to eat there. If I take a job at a company I commit to work for them I don't expect or feel that it's fair when eating for them to only reimburse me if they approve of me food choices. I am an adult I am entitled to make my own food choices. 

You can still get reimbursed just have a vegetarian option.

Edited by makapaka

21 hours ago, makapaka said:

A small minority of humans are carnivores

It doesn’t matter how many times you deny it

You can’t debate with anyone insular or/and obtuse

And therefore I am going to drop the mic.

Goodnight.

Sorry but.... If you can't swap your chicken salad sandwich for a cheese one once in a while then who's the snowflake?  Nobody ever needs to eat meat. It might be a bit nannying but it's hardly a human rights issue. Suck it up or go and work for another company. 

It is clear from some of the self-important replies on the thread that some people are missing the clear principle here.

The employees are being forced (in the course of their duties) to undertake work away from their home. They are therefore entitled under an expense policy to be reimbursed for food whilst away.

Whilst it is obvious that alcohol, being a controlled substance, can be debarred through an expenses policy I failed to see how any company has a right to tell people what they can and cannot eat.

People say there is no discrimination here but I would like to see that tested in a tribunal or court.

I would like the firm to actually set out why they think it's perfectly acceptable to deny the expense claim for a ham sandwich when they are are willing to pay an expense claim for a cheese sandwich.  Both are perfectly legal items and readilly available for any member of the public to purchase without restriction.  

It is clear it is a small firm who has had the great fortune of their current workforce  all having the same mindset and acceptance of the rule.     I can guarantee that a firm as large as my company with thousands of employees bwould not get away with that, in fact there will be a riot with the employees if they even tried to control their free choice on something as basic as food.  

Igloo may well be cocksure and self-righteous right now but tick tock tick tock.  First employee that goes against it and tries to bring your claim and I reckon the situation will change.

It may even be sooner than that - social media and Google reviews is a powerful weapon.