Covid19 - Sheffield Help Thread. Read First Post Before Commenting Please.

I think we should all thank the medical staff who are doing a fantastic job trying to keep us healthy while risking their own lives. THANK YOU , we are very grateful  .

And also to the volunteers  who are helping the old and vulnerable  who are isolating and have no one else to help them. THANK YOU very much, there are some good people in the world.

Not all selfish shelf strippers.

The Government are setting up a system where those who are most vulnerable to the virus and are isolating for 12 weeks (over 70s, people under 70 with specific health conditions) will be able to register to receive support from the Government such as getting hold of essential supplies.

https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus-extremely-vulnerable

Warning -  It did not take the scammers long to exploit the situation .

The latest one doing the rounds,  You get an email supposedly from a friend or family member who is self isolating but they are in need of help and request money

This one did the rounds some years back when people were either ill or suffered an accident abroad

So make sure your email contacts are protected

On 18/03/2020 at 02:08, mort said:

The national trust have removed charges for all parks and gardens including car parking fees to allow people to access the outdoors while remaining socially distant. 

https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/news/our-latest-statement-on-coronavirus-covid-19

All national trust car parks are now closed as of last weekend.  Too many folks were taking advantage of their offer, obviously!

Anyone know of any help in the arbourthorne area? I live with the person I care for we’re both isolating cause I’ve cold symptoms and wheezing due to asthma she suffers severe mental health Lloyd’s was meant to be delivering her medications I rang them up to be told they aren’t delivering. There’s no one else the neighbours are elderly and isolating and family are also isolating as high risk I explained this to them and said there’s only me and I’ve been told to keep at home , the person I care for does not go out alone due to mental health I said so I have to come myself though I’ve got these symptoms they simply told me yes sorry I mean for real.... keep home isolate if your ill... Lloyd’s are more than happy for me to go get the meds for her well I’ve no masks so surely no come backs?! I don’t know if any help in the arbourthorne area so I’ve no choice otherwise this lot is ridiculous I cannot believe Lloyd’s I really can’t 

Hi Lisspot.

Although this is for the Norfolk Park area try them as they may be able to help/give you a contact number for the Arbourthorne area.

It's on Facebook: Norfolk Park Sheffield Mutual Aid Group.

PS I'm not a Facebook person so not tried it!:)

Edited by apelike