Pubs Offering Take Out Or Home Delivery - information thread

Going back to the olden days where you use to tap at the little side window of the pub (the off sales ) and hand them your enamel  jug to fill full of beer.

I use to get sent as a kid and they always served me even though they knew I was under age.

This is a great idea for pubs, at least it will keep their heads above water. I wonder if the small restaurants will do the same thing with takeaway meals.

Just now, jaffa1 said:

Going back to the olden days where you use to tap at the little side window of the pub (the off sales ) and hand them your enamel  jug to fill full of beer.

I use to get sent as a kid and they always served me even though they knew I was under age.

This is a great idea for pubs, at least it will keep their heads above water. I wonder if the small restaurants will do the same thing with takeaway meals.

Given how bad things are for many people financially (not only poor, but middle and high earners) - there will be a lot of people trying things. Hopefully good.

My income has pretty much instantly stopped. Like a lot of people.

I wonder if better pre-internet. There's so much info now, that I have isolated myself from anything other than the CMO says or the PM says, and a few comments like this on forums.

Goodness help us if beer runs out, so I hope this works as a part of this large scale issue.

On 18/03/2020 at 19:14, jaffa1 said:

Didn't have to be an Enamel jug, we'd often bring back 2Ltr pop bottles full of beer finish off the Sunday afternoon session around the kitchen table eating our Roast dinner.

Bit sad all the comments on here, 'having to self isolate,' 'dont know how we're going to manage money wise,' is my job safe', etc, etc then feeling the importance is having to order beer to your door.

Good time to stop perhaps!

Temparance