Which teachers do you remember from abbeydale grange 6th form? ps theres a reunion!

I went to A/G with Errol Barrows and i assume michael is his big brother.Our geography field trip to Swanage in lower sixth also had Mrs Bowick and Mr Chatterton[always in the bookies!] and also Mr Merrit i seem to remember.

What a great week that was............

When we went to Swanage we were warned not to go in to one particular pub by the teachers as the police checked it frequently. On the last night we decided to brave it and guess who was sat in there with drinks in hand?

First and only time I've bought a teacher a drink and I seem to remember they had several more bought before the night ended.

i still regularly use the knowledge that mr fairclough taught me. he was one of the best teachers i ever had.

He will be amazed and delighted when I tell him. He's my dad!!

hi did anyone else go to sharrow lane before abbeydale remember silver jubilee we had to dress a doll in red white and blue had our picture taken outside which was on friends reunited think it was 1977

hi did anyone else go to sharrow lane before abbeydale remember silver jubilee we had to dress a doll in red white and blue had our picture taken outside which was on friends reunited think it was 1977

My mum's still got those photos at home with my younger brother (Wayne) in it!

Went on the corpun.com website earlier - wot a larf! Funny to see Abbeydale Grange as equal 40th in the list of "Great Whacking Schools." Jeppo's slipper must go down in history as one of the most iconic punishment impliments known to man. Also a big shout out to "Vince" Cooper - "Mr Firm But Fair." If anyone knows where he is now, let him know about the reunion, I'd love to see him again.

Big thanks to The White Rose for helping to publicise the reunion - as said, it's me (Bonehead) and Benzo (Graham Bennett) who have organised it, together with Yvette Hallam and Martin Veale. We're trying to round up as many people as possible, but we've had some difficulties trying to get hold of any of the teachers - not surprising really 'cos its 30 years that have gone by.

The great (or not so great, depending on your point of view) Harold Wilkinson was a teacher there at the time, before going on to become the last English manager to win the top English football league. Speaking of football, the 2nd half of Portugal vs Holland has started, so I'm off!

See you on 1st July!

• 2 months later...
He will be amazed and delighted when I tell him. He's my dad!!

you are KIDDING! :) WOW! give him my kindest regards, damon :) he was a great teacher - his art lessons were one of the highlight of my teenage years :) my history of art teacher up at upper school was brilliant too, but i can't remember his name i'm ashamed to say, would you ask your dad? :)

• 14 years later...

Hello I left in 1998. I remember so many people, some I can't. I have searched and would be happy to get I'm contact. 

I also heard mrs bowring passed away. She was my form tutor. Felt really sad because she was sooooo  lovely! 

People in ny year I will not write  surnames for privacy obviously.

Wayne 

Jennifer

Ruth 

Hannah

Iran

Nails

Iffat 

I have bumped into mr Cowan a few years ago now, mr rehman and mr tigwell, mrs parry and also I saw mrs Howe a long time ago from far.  I also saw the maths teacher...god I cant remember his name.

I remember mrs bradie, mrs Armitage as well.