Online Courses

I’m thinking about filling my rather empty diary with something productive. Would like it be ideally something that will result in a recognised qualification - or could be used in the future towards one.

Google produced a few answers but I don’t know who I should be looking at and who I should be avoiding. Any help  appreciated.

Shaw Academy - based in Dublin, I think - used to offer a range of online courses a while ago, and maybe still do.

Everything from music theory to B-S-ology.

Quite a few were free, as long as you could put up with the push to take a (pay) follow-up course towards the end.

2 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

I’m thinking about filling my rather empty diary with something productive. Would like it be ideally something that will result in a recognised qualification - or could be used in the future towards one.

Google produced a few answers but I don’t know who I should be looking at and who I should be avoiding. Any help  appreciated.

Have a look at eDX or Coursera...I've done eDX courses in a few work-related things.

1 hour ago, lectrolove said:

Open University are offering a huge range of free short courses.

https://www.open.edu/openlearn/education/free-courses

Great link that thanks.

I also looking for something like this.

Let us know what you find for the links @tinfoilhat

All the subjects are Education and development, but full list here

https://www.open.edu/openlearn/free-courses/full-catalogue

16 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Future Learn looked a decent option for me but I'm going to look at the open university as well.

me too, I've been looking through the OU, and picked one already - glad you started this thread :)

Edited by *_ash_*