Relationships

1 hour ago, Bargepole23 said:

Same here, I had a look through my pre-lockdown current account spending, plenty of fun stuff...pubs, restaurants, coffee, in and away from Sheff. I look at my last few weeks......Co-op, Sainsburys....

Agree.  It's amazing how all those, "Just popping into Costa" or "I'll get this round", down the pub, on the contactless debit card & all the other small purchases soon mount up. 

5 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Agree.  It's amazing how all those, "Just popping into Costa" or "I'll get this round", down the pub, on the contactless debit card & all the other small purchases soon mount up. 

Yep same here, it hasn't been too bad for us in general as i work from home 2-3 days a week anyway and my OH only works 2 days a week anyway dueto ill health,with the odd excursion for lunchtime walkabouts. I have saved a considerable sum of money this month even though we've still ordered quite a lot of stuff online. My whole "eating out budget has been saved except for one takeaway delivery of pizza last week,so that was several hundreds saved.

My utilities won't vary much in comparison to many homes where people are at all work all day so i do empathise with the effects that will have on some households budgets and relationships, my wife is struggling mentally with the whole lockdown scenario although we aren't at the ocd stages. I've already stopped talking to my daughter as she feels that some of my "essential" journeys aren't essential compared to hers so they've isolated themselves (until she has to go back to work and we're needed for child minding) from us,long may it continue.

My trips tend to be often and that to supermarkets- only to buy essentials for the family as we are all home.

Kids need to have things to eat though myself and the Mrs are not fussy.

It was her birthday yesterday, so eating out was off the agenda, we got some food delivered and we all sat together (girl 19/boy 11/girl 9) and had a wonderful time 🙂

On 06/04/2020 at 13:08, Mr Fisk said:

My trips tend to be often and that to supermarkets- only to buy essentials for the family as we are all home.

Kids need to have things to eat though myself and the Mrs are not fussy.

It was her birthday yesterday, so eating out was off the agenda, we got some food delivered and we all sat together (girl 19/boy 11/girl 9) and had a wonderful time 🙂

Sounds like you are making the most of it.  Congratulations.🙂

5 hours ago, Lex Luthor said:

Sounds like you are making the most of it.  Congratulations.🙂

Cheers Lex

I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Edited by Guest

Guest makapaka
On 05/04/2020 at 22:40, Baron99 said:

Ever thought that with the majority of the country stuck in their homes with little to do, we might be looking at a baby boom around next December & January? 

Chance would be a fine thing........

Reading Tuesday's 'i' newspaper, apparently there's been a massive increase in online sales of adult sex toys & bulk buying of condoms.

Either some folk are intent on enjoying their time in lockdown or they're  intending to escape by building their own powered inflatables? 

Edited by Baron99