Increased Hostility To Cyclists During The Lockdown

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

It does mention only once a day though, regarding exercise.

I'm curious as to the legalities of this though, if there are no actual laws prohibiting you go out; how can the police issue fines (or a magistrate impose a tougher fine)?

Surely, you need to break the law, before you can receive a fine? Any ideas?

There are certainly laws prohibiting leaving the house,  I linked to them in my last post. 

They do not limit how many times,  how far or how long you can exercise for though. 

13 minutes ago, RootsBooster said:

There are certainly laws prohibiting leaving the house,  I linked to them in my last post.

Ah, yes, so there are, thanks for the link. I was confused at first, your post reads (if you disregard the hyperlink) 'there are no actual laws'.

31 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Ah, yes, so there are, thanks for the link. I was confused at first, your post reads (if you disregard the hyperlink) 'there are no actual laws'.

The full sentence is "There are no actual laws prohibiting you from going further afield though."

...in the context of exercise. 

28 minutes ago, fatrajah said:

Re post 14: the cyclist was meant to walk along the pavement's edge while pushing the bike with its wheels in the gutter.

And that's illegal,  you say?

Edited by RootsBooster

Just now, RootsBooster said:

The full sentence is "There are no actual laws prohibiting you from going further afield though."

...in the context of exercise. 

I bet there's no law saying I can't go fishing (It's mental exercise) I wouldnt be be near anyone but I bet I'd get my collar felt and, if I'm honest, rightly so. Do we need a thread to see how far we can push the fairly simple message?

It's probably not helpful when you have idiots in charge of cycling groups planning a mass gathering & ride (I'm aware that the event actually didn't take place, but this was only due to the backlash online & in media)

IE5LhIs.jpg

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

I bet there's no law saying I can't go fishing (It's mental exercise) I wouldnt be be near anyone but I bet I'd get my collar felt and, if I'm honest, rightly so. Do we need a thread to see how far we can push the fairly simple message?

I can't see how you could possibly call fishing a form of exercise, mental or physical.

In which case, there is a law against it. 

Edited by RootsBooster

16 minutes ago, Resident said:

It's probably not helpful when you have idiots in charge of cycling groups planning a mass gathering & ride (I'm aware that the event actually didn't take place, but this was only due to the backlash online & in media)

IE5LhIs.jpg

Yeah,  that's pretty dumb. 

It almost seems like a satirical post but it's probably real.

2 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Which law???

Health protection regulations 2020

Here

9 minutes ago, RootsBooster said:

I can't see how you could possibly call fishing a form of exercise, mental or physical.

In which case, there is a law against it. 

I know someone who swears by it as a form of meditation. Therefore good for mental health.

But I suppose if one person does it, no harm done, but if loads more do it, you have a problem.

Edited by Anna B