Gees Decorators Merchants

• 1 month later...

Those who worked at Norfolk Street may remember Derek Gratwick, known as Dick to his workmates and his colleague Stan Marsh.

Derek was killed (in July 1960)  whilst driving a van for Gees and Stan was with him at the time in another Gees Van.

Edited by Organgrinder
left something out

Hi.

I worked at Shoreham street from 1965 to 1969,in 65 i would have been a van driver,my name is Jack Vickers.

Stan Marsh was a sales rep. when i was there.

Edited by jackanne
add comment.

I started work at Gees in Norfolk Street in April '61 and Stan Marsh was Manager at that time. When they moved to Shoreham Street, Stan was replaced by one of the sales reps, Brian Rattigan. Stan then went out as a sales rep to replace Brian. Don't know if you remember names like Alan Elliott, Colin Craft, Malcolm Linley, Charlie and Brian Grant, Doug James, Don Staves, Don Gratwick, Ray Bamford, John Firminger, Bob Reid jnr & snr, Harry Bennett, Stan Ogden........could keep going! My name's Tom Porter.