Selling On Ebay / Amazon Fba

Hi,

I've recently been selling some stuff on eBay, with moderate success. Have a load of books I'd like to sell, and think Amazon FBA maybe a good option. Does anyone have experience selling (books, compact discs, DVD's, etc) on Amazon FBA?

Thanks.

24 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Hi,

I've recently been selling some stuff on eBay, with moderate success. Have a load of books I'd like to sell, and think Amazon FBA maybe a good option. Does anyone have experience selling (books, compact discs, DVD's, etc) on Amazon FBA?

Thanks.

About 10 years ago I put some James Dean books for sale on ebay and to my surprise they were snapped up straight away...I then of course had to package and send them, which was a bit of an education.

More recently I've been a buyer of many books and dvd's.

On 18/04/2020 at 20:01, Ruddy76 said:

About 10 years ago I put some James Dean books for sale on ebay and to my surprise they were snapped up straight away...I then of course had to package and send them, which was a bit of an education.

More recently I've been a buyer of many books and dvd's.

Thanks Ruddy.

Yeah, I'm finding all kinds of stuff I don't use, is doing well on eBay. For books and other low-margin items though, it's a bit of pain to have to deal with all the processing and packing etc. I'd prefer to take a more 'bulk' approach, and think Amazon FBA (fulfilled by amazon) could be the way to go. If anyone has experience with Amazon FBA, I'd love to hear it.

There are companies like Music Magpie, and We Buy Books; but they seem to offer next to nothing for books and CD's etc; would prefer to sell on eBay than use those kind of companies.

Strange time for selling anything on Ebay at the moment.

Then you have to think do I want to be making the trip to the post office.

Our Post office is only opening two days a week because of Coro V

Normaly I wouldn't think about it and quite enjoyed the walk up there,

but for now i'm leaving it for a while.

Books - all you have to do is allow for the postage sixe and weight.

Books - i'm a self confesed hoarder so i've plenty to read or even re read

for quite some time so don't need anymore for a while.

Keep Safe

2 hours ago, Ruddy76 said:

I'm still waiting for a book to arrive that I bought from ebay that apparently entered the Hermes system on the 9th April. 

Ooh, Hermes, there was a thing on TV about them either last night, or night before...

Packages sent via Hermes we’re turning up at an auction, many had destination address clearly labelled, yet Hermes failed to deliver and instead, decided to profit by auctioning these packages.

Also, someone paid Hermes to collect an item from me a few days back, they never came. The chap complained and rescheduled delivery, and they didn’t turn up this second time either. In the end I dropped it an a collection point.

Edited by Waldo