Mr Motivater.

PRESLEY

Just now, francypants said:

Presley,  I too don't think there was any need for you to apologise, .... but yes you do remind me of Victor Meldrew sometimes ( just like my husband !! )       🤣  🤣  🤣

Thankyou,  but my God! Seriously I feel sorry for you, if your husband is as bad as me. :hihi:

56 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Thankyou Patricia,  I must admit,  my rants on here make Victor Meldrew sound like a happy teenager, but I get incensed when I see talentless people on TV,  people like Lemmon and that lot from Essex, Gemma Collins, Joey Essex, Mark Wright, and Rylan Clarke get their own shows, :gag: I always give Sean Bean a hard time but at least he made the correct efforts by going to Drama school, on saying that if Camberwick Green ever need a new Dusty Miller,  Bean was born to play this role.  :roll:

I absolutely agree with you especially about Keith Lemmon. He actually has a Saturday night top spot.! There is a also programme on called Got Your Back presented by Joe Lycett and it is the worst programme I’ve ever seen on tv. He just isn’t funny !

Edited by pattricia

55 minutes ago, pattricia said:

I absolutely agree with you especially about Keith Lemmon. He actually has a Saturday night top spot.! There is a also programme on called Got Your Back presented by Joe Lycett and it is the worst programme I’ve ever seen on tv. He just isn’t funny !

Sadly thats the way telly is going, gone are shows like Rising Damp, Porridge, Steptoe,  Faulty Towers,  Fools and Horses,  now we have to cop for Mrs Brown Boys, Lemmon, Rylan Clarke and the Essex lot, which Ive mentioned earlier.  This is what should happen after the restrictions are lifted, TV companies should send out reps to do a door to door   survey collecting info on people likes and dislikes on TV because at the moment TV companies are shuvving owt down our throats to fill their shedules, if they  get the publics feed back to give them an idea what we like and what we are sick of,  if the companies took on  this idea  surely they would start to get things right and hehance their channel ratings,  example.  :huh:

1 minute ago, PRESLEY said:

Sadly thats the way telly is going, gone are shows like Rising Damp, Porridge, Steptoe,  Faulty Towers,  Fools and Horses,  now we have to cop for Mrs Brown Boys, Lemmon, Rylan Clarke and the Essex lot, which Ive mentioned earlier.  This is what should happen after the restrictions are lifted, TV companies should send out reps to do a door to door   survey collecting info on people likes and dislikes on TV because at the moment TV companies are shuvving owt down our throats to fill their shedules, if they  get the publics feed back to give them an idea what we like and what we are sick of,  if the companies took on  this idea  surely they would start to get things right and hehance their channel ratings,  example.  :huh:

Every show you’ve mentioned above were excellent but have now gone is surely down to the writers of the scripts for the programmes. Bad programme, bad writers.

3 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Every show you’ve mentioned above were excellent but have now gone is surely down to the writers of the scripts for the programmes. Bad programme, bad writers.

1 hour ago, pattricia said:

Yes rubbish writers and bad scripts but if we had good script writers we havn't got the talented actors to give the scripts to. :gag:

3 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Yes rubbish writers and bad scripts but if we had good script writers we havn't got the talented actors to give the scripts to. :gag:

Exactly ! The master of them all was Ronnie Barker as Fletcher in Porridge. Good script, good actor, couldn’t go wrong !

1 hour ago, PRESLEY said:

TV companies should send out reps to do a door to door   survey collecting info on people likes and dislikes on TV 

If they did that you will be very very disappointed.

There is a reason all these shows which you are personally dismissing are so popular.  You don't think commercial television is so stupid but they will put our content that doesn't make the money

We in a very different world to the four channels we have in the 80s.  There are now hundreds and hundreds of channels available and different platforms in which people get entertained.

It's all well and good picking out a handful of great shows from the 70s and 80s but what about all the dross that you have deliberately chosen to overlook.    

Whether you like it or not times have moved on.  

9 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Exactly ! The master of them all was Ronnie Barker as Fletcher in Porridge. Good script, good actor, couldn’t go wrong !

For every porridge there is a Going Straight or Magnificent Evans.   Even looking back at some of the two ronnies reruns and you can wince slightly.

Don't think it's ever that simple no matter who the talent.