George Floyd- Killed By Police

Message added by Vaati

As per the bottom of the page: POSTS ON THIS FORUM ARE NOT ACTIVELY MONITORED. Click 'Report post' or contact us for any content that may breach our terms of use. We will look into the report as soon as possible. We do not support the promotion violence or racist behaviours. Any posts considered in breach of this or other forum rules, will be removed and the poster will be suspended.

3 minutes ago, despritdan said:

What the BLM protestors are conveniently ignoring is that 93% of black homicides in America ate perpetrated by black people, so it isn't the police that they need to be afraid of so much as each other.

But if you are black you need to be afraid of the police in america. If you are a peaceful protestor you need to be worried about police as well by the look of it.

What I don't understand is why anyone would wish to jeopardize the progress we've made through lockdown by attending the protests. The murder in America was absolutely appalling as is all racism but the fact remains that this virus isn't racist, it will kill anyone whatever their colour. I'm sure there must be other ways for people to make voices heard whilst still adhering to the distancing rules.

3 minutes ago, Rollypolly said:

What I don't understand is why anyone would wish to jeopardize the progress we've made through lockdown by attending the protests. The murder in America was absolutely appalling as is all racism but the fact remains that this virus isn't racist, it will kill anyone whatever their colour. I'm sure there must be other ways for people to make voices heard whilst still adhering to the distancing rules.

I didn't understand why people flocked to beaches last week.

Colin Kaepernick (nfl) tried taking s a stance by taking a knee to highlight police brutality and was labled a traitor and effectively run out of the sport.

18 minutes ago, despritdan said:

What the BLM protestors are conveniently ignoring is that 93% of black homicides in America ate perpetrated by black people, so it isn't the police that they need to be afraid of so much as each other.

Are you suggesting it's a pre-disposed trait of black people... they just love killing each other...

...or could it be another facet of the same discrimination BLM are protesting about, manifesting itself in another form? 🧩

Not entirely sure why it's relavent anyway, since "other  black people" aren't an arm of the state... unlike the police!

28 minutes ago, Rollypolly said:

They must feel really strongly about it? An illegal gathering which is likely to warrent a fine, but the police have said that the COVID19 laws are unenforcable.

21 minutes ago, Earthlyone said:

Lets cut right to the chase, where is all this leading? lets not talk in vague abstract terms, lets get down to the nitty gritty.

Hopefully a more accepting world, with less discrimination, and people not afraid of others just because they’re different to them.

Guest makapaka
4 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Out of those thousands who turned up over several cities (including sheffield) there might have been a hundred who kicked off?

Was there violence and vandalism in Manchester, Leicester or Sheffield? 

Have you seen the footage from Bristol today?

Aside from the violence there’s been a general disregard for the guidance we’ve been given to keep others safe.

not by everyone granted - but by a lot of people from watching video clips.

some people will get coronavirus as a consequence- either from attending the demonstrations or indirectly from people who have.

it will be more than that which would have happened if everyone had behaved more responsibly.

some of the people that get it will be old or vulnerable and will die.

just needed some common sense at a difficult time.

Edited by makapaka

16 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Have you seen the footage from Bristol today?

Aside from the violence there’s been a general disregard for the guidance we’ve been given to keep others safe.

not by everyone granted - but by a lot of people from watching video clips.

some people will get coronavirus as a consequence- either from attending the demonstrations or indirectly from people who have.

it will be more than that which would have happened if everyone had behaved more responsibly.

some of the people that get it will be old or vulnerable and will die.

just needed some common sense at a difficult time.

The social distancing thing is an issue but I've not got a huge issue of the statue of a slave trader being chucked in the drink.

Does the life of the female police officer who suffered a collapsed lung, broken collarbone and shattered ribs after being thrown from her horse after Black Lives Matter protesters pelted her with missiles, matter at all?