If You Aren't Anti-Fascist. ?

Message added by mort

So we are clear - the usual rules apply here. If you cannot behave in a civil manner then I will be happy to suspend your account. This includes personal attacks on other users. Debate the topic like rational adults please. 

58 minutes ago, Ridgewalk said:

Yes ALL. That's how I think,  i'm incapable of thinking unless it's in stereotypes.

Incidentally i'm sure there are a few white collar thugs about and we've  seen plenty of gun toting, armor  wearing, militia thugs blocking entrances to City Halls in America recently, who I suspect would describe themselves as " Christian" 

I preferred your reply before you edited it.

From what I can see the ANTIFA in America have taken over the peacefully nature of the protest of a grossly wrong murder of an American citizen.

Our version of ANTIFA are (or were) in general from the Student society although as the anti Fascist league etc (other Anti Fascist groups are available) have been around for many years now have many older people (from their early days) still in their ranks and from different spectrum's of society.

Which is much the same as many other political or none political organisations including those of a Pro Fascist nature.

the Generalisation of anyone who doesn't think the same way as you is a Thug with no brains is a dangerous thing to do.

Know your enemy. 

As for the Christian angle.

German troop's went into battle with 'Gott Mit Uns' emblazoned on their belt buckles.

15 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Really?

I think in terms of core underlying dynamics, yes, I see similarities.

The fact of me objecting to one, and that I have characterised it as “subtly aggressive and manipulative behaviour”, may give you a clue as to my position on the other.

Ironically, Halibut is displaying fascistic mentality with this thread.

Fascism isn't the preserve of the right, it is a mentality of dogma, of do things as we do them, of think like we do, or else! this mentality and action is certainly present on the left.

Edited by Earthlyone

50 minutes ago, Earthlyone said:

Fascism isn't the preserve of the right, it is a mentality of dogma, of do things as we do them, of think like we do, or else! this mentality and action is certainly present on the left.

Irrespective of whichever side of the political spectrum current day fascism arises would you say that you are in favour of it or condone it?

55 minutes ago, max said:

Irrespective of whichever side of the political spectrum current day fascism arises would you say that you are in favour of it or condone it?

Well of course I don't condone fascism, but I'm not falling into the same traps and indulging people that present a biased and one dimensional view of what it is.

32 minutes ago, Earthlyone said:

Well of course I don't condone fascism, but I'm not falling into the same traps and indulging people that present a biased and one dimensional view of what it is.

That's a relief.

3 hours ago, Earthlyone said:

Please expand - how does asking a question on a Forum equate to a 'fascistic mentality' in your view?

5 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

I preferred your reply before you edited it.

From what I can see the ANTIFA in America have taken over the peacefully nature of the protest of a grossly wrong murder of an American citizen.

Our version of ANTIFA are (or were) in general from the Student society although as the anti Fascist league etc (other Anti Fascist groups are available) have been around for many years now have many older people (from their early days) still in their ranks and from different spectrum's of society.

Which is much the same as many other political or none political organisations including those of a Pro Fascist nature.

the Generalisation of anyone who doesn't think the same way as you is a Thug with no brains is a dangerous thing to do.

Know your enemy. 

As for the Christian angle.

German troop's went into battle with 'Gott Mit Uns' emblazoned on their belt buckles.

Well if I wasn't confused before I am now