Old Sit Coms and Game Shows

PRESLEY

5 hours ago, RiffRaff said:

I agree Lee Mack is very quick-witted on programmes like WILTY, and the original "Not Going Out" series - with the American landlady - was OK as well. The last (couple?) of series weren't so hot - I think they should've called a halt when the pair got married.

It was because of WILTY and NGO that I watched a recording of one of his stand-up shows, and it was like watching a different comedian - foul-mouthed, not particularly funny, and frankly boring after a few minutes.

“Not going out” seems very apt these days. !!

6 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Surely these days if you're looking for a natural game show host, good with people, quick witted, can sing, can act... Bradley Walsh. 

Natural succesor to Bruce Forsyth.

I watched him "acting" in an episode of Dr. Who.  I've seen more fluid movement and better vocals from darleks

Anyone been watching Alan Carr on a Saturday night reviving some of the old gameshows?  We have been watching and my 16 year old stepdaughter was with us this weekend watching Play Your Cards Right she was quite into it. I used to love Blankety Blank most of all with Les Dawson, Terry Wogan,  even Lily Savage. I'd like to see that come back, maybe with Lee Mack, or Peter Kay ? 

• 1 month later...

Lee Mack, I can't find him funny, no matter what he does, tbf, all modern sit coms are rubbish these days,   its probably an age thing with me because the old sit coms are literally hard acts to follow,  must be a nightmare for writers ect these days,  :roll:

8 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Lee Mack, I can't find him funny, no matter what he does, tbf, all modern sit coms are rubbish these days,   its probably an age thing with me because the old sit coms are literally hard acts to follow,  must be a nightmare for writers ect these days,  :roll:

I also don’t find the modern sitcoms funny. There certainly are not any belly laughs in them like the old sit coms. When I think of , It Ain’t Half Hot, Porridge, On The Buses, etc; they were far superior, and you laughed out loud while watching them. 

2 hours ago, pattricia said:

I also don’t find the modern sitcoms funny. There certainly are not any belly laughs in them like the old sit coms. When I think of , It Ain’t Half Hot, Porridge, On The Buses, etc; they were far superior, and you laughed out loud while watching them. 

I must be a miserable sod. The only time I laughed out loud at a sitcom was watching John Cleese goose stepping with a bandage round his head and now they’ve banned it.

40 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

I must be a miserable sod. The only time I laughed out loud at a sitcom was watching John Cleese goose stepping with a bandage round his head and now they’ve banned it.

Seriously Jim, I nearly died laughing at that episode, true...

I was hysterical and fell of the sofa laughing, I couldn't get my breath for laughing.

In fact I love every episode of Faulty Towers, still watch them now (for the umpteen time) and still as funny.