Anyone From Carbrook?

On 07/10/2015 at 12:26, GeorgeWatts said:

Any one remember the last tram,horse drawn milk floats,white gloved policeman supervising zebra crossing,playing in air raid shelters,First asians attending school,first day at nursery,my coat hook had a beach ball emblem,alleys and castles,

Wow George , so many great memories .

I too remember alleys and castles , air raid shelters at the bottom of Surbiton St. 

Placing an old Penny on the tram lines for the last tram to run over !

The Rec. on Terry St.

My grandparents (Sid & Annie Morgan) lived at 45 Girton Road ,Sid was a train driver for B/Rail.My dad was Ken Morgan and his sister Betty.

both went to Carbrook school in the 30s. Ken was a good footballer in his youth and played for Sheffield boys and England boys before doing his national service in the parachute regiment.

I used to visit my grandparents regular and remember old Mr Boswell & the woodhead family.

• 4 months later...
On 22/02/2019 at 16:23, a smith said:

Only just found this site. I lived on Berkeley Road and was one of the smiths, my mum was Sandra and dad Tommy. I remember some of the names mentioned, I knocked about with Michael Brooks, John Shaw, Mark Ash, Alan winters, left carbrook in 1971. Be nice to hear from anybody that remembers me. I am not the Alan Smith married to gillian Eccles, he's my uncle. 

Hi Alan (waffles) Mick brookes saying hello mate, remember you well,  we had some good football on the rec didn’t we?  Alan winters is in Blackpool got a guest house there, haven’t seen John shaw for around 20 years. Mark Ash not since the cliffs days .  Hope you’re keeping well mate 

• 6 months later...
On 05/07/2020 at 17:04, pauljpgr said:

Wow George , so many great memories .

I too remember alleys and castles , air raid shelters at the bottom of Surbiton St. 

Placing an old Penny on the tram lines for the last tram to run over !

The Rec. on Terry St.

On 05/07/2020 at 16:55, pauljpgr said:

Hi George , i remember you from Bird in hand . I lived on Surbiton St.  

I went to Carbrook School ,   lots of names i remember -     John Rodgers , Paul Shepherd , Trevor Bailey , Mick Machin , Mick Gervis , John Martin ,

Alan Barkes , Owen Wraith , Sandra Bingham , Steve Bingham ,  Paul Mirfin .

Regards to all  .....  Paul Gregory.

• 6 months later...

Hi micky b, sorry for not answering earlier, don't seem to get notifications. Yes we had some great games on the rec, amazed you remembered my nickname. Hope you and yours are all OK. Lovely to hear from you, I see Paul Eastwood now and again and just been I touch with John Bidwell. 

Edited by a smith

• 2 months later...
On 22/02/2019 at 16:23, a smith said:

Only just found this site. I lived on Berkeley Road and was one of the smiths, my mum was Sandra and dad Tommy. I remember some of the names mentioned, I knocked about with Michael Brooks, John Shaw, Mark Ash, Alan winters, left carbrook in 1971. Be nice to hear from anybody that remembers me. I am not the Alan Smith married to gillian Eccles, he's my uncle. 

Hi Alan ,  just checked this post mate,  would love to see you and bidders  (John Bidwell, )  and any of the old boys for a trip down memory lane. I can be reached on 07788623254 , haven’t seen John for years 

I lived on Ravensworth rd Was  an apprentice at Carbrook Timber Co opposite Richard Wrags   on Broughton lane from 1968 to 1970  ,  I have fond memories of the two bench joiners   I worked there  with both called Bryan . Hope somebody remembers them and  me .

Kev Dutton