John Lewis

Much as it is a big blow and very sad there are still positives about Sheffield centre many companies have invested heavily in the area and in fairness they are not as popular as they used to be can’t remember the last time I bought something from them or went in t the store.

so how much has it cost SCC? retail stores are sinking faster than the titanic,look at the moor ,loads of retail empty shops,the covid has not helped,i myself went each sat to put on the irish ect and other bets at my local betting shop,theyve lost me in the shop now,i do it all online now,its easier,less health risk,and i can stay in when its rainy or snowing,simple,so i can see only small retail outlets and shopping on line for the future.

It's a great shame, especially as years ago when Meadowhell opened, it was really John Lewis's decision to remain in the city centre (along with W H Smith and M & S ) that saved the centre.  Things have changed a lot since then of course and JL is struggling.  I now live in Lichfield in Staffordshire and both our nearest John Lewis stores have now closed, (Tamworth and Birmingham).  Solihull remains open and is now our nearest JL but it's an awkward journey to get to it.  We had said that if we were really wanting to go to a store it would be easier to come back up to Sheffield but now that options gone as well.  You do wonder how any town/city centre can continue. Sad times.