Coronavirus - Part Two.

3 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

The point Im making is, just conform,  if it limits the spread or not,  its not asking a lot, 15mins or 1 hr in duration in a shop,  not much time out of the day,  there are some real big babies knocking about these days, no wonder some people use the term nanny state, some of the big babies that moan about trivial matters like wearing a face covering for a short period time really need a nanny. :roll:

I think you should look up why its called "Nanny State.":hihi:

5 minutes ago, Arnold_Lane said:

I'm talking about rape.  Your suggestion it will increase because of mask wearing is absurd.

In your opinion- mine differs. Also, I'm talking about rapes, muggings and other crimes facilitated by masks.

5 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

What percentage of muggings and rapes pre-covid involed masks or face coverings?

You tell me. Make sure you link to valid evidence.

Edited by onewheeldave

5 minutes ago, Arnold_Lane said:

Not an official govt pronouncement; but thanks anyway, hopefully that will follow. Noticable that it is predicting that the exemptions for compulsory masking in shops are looking to be tighter than they were for public transport.

3 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

Not an official govt pronouncement; but thanks anyway, hopefully that will follow. Noticable that it is predicting that the exemptions for compulsory masking in shops are looking to be tighter than they were for public transport.

Is this official enough?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own

3 hours ago, Arnold_Lane said:

Wearing them in offices has already been rejected.

Which is absurd as an office environment is even more enclosed than a supermarket and the rules should apply equally to all situations where practical.

3 hours ago, Arnold_Lane said:

Your worry that wearing coverings will increase instances of rape is frankly absurd.

Not really as it does have some merit and as I have previously pointed out facial recognition will not work when people wear face coverings. People in the past were asked to remove face coverings when going into banks for example but look on the upside, police surveillance using facial recognition will now be a waste of time.

Just now, apelike said:

Not really as it does have some merit and as I have previously pointed out facial recognition will not work when people wear face coverings. People in the past were asked to remove face coverings when going into banks for example but look on the upside, police surveillance using facial recognition will now be a waste of time.

For rape, it doesn't.  I'm not repeating myself why.

4 minutes ago, Arnold_Lane said:

Don't know- I can't see a date on it. it could be regs for masks on public transport, they won't necessarily apply to the incoming rules for shops.

5 minutes ago, apelike said:

Which is absurd as an office environment is even more enclosed than a supermarket and the rules should apply equally to all situations where practical.

I don't disagree.  But nor do I think wearing face coverings is the beginning of totalitarianism.  Do you?