Coronavirus - Part Two.

31 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

You still have to couple it with social distancing.  There was little evidence of that in the reports from a few weeks ago.   You've only got to look at the photo in the link posted by DerbyTup this morning for evidence of that. 

That image has been use a lot but it's very likely misleading. Telephoto lenses make things look closer together. Most of the media have been using photos that make it look like people are closer together than they really are.

1 hour ago, altus said:

That image has been use a lot but it's very likely misleading. Telephoto lenses make things look closer together. Most of the media have been using photos that make it look like people are closer together than they really are.

54 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

I can assure you it's bang on.  Saw the live reports at the time on BBC news. 

Telephoto lens are used on video as well as photos, they produce the same effect of making people look closer together.

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

You still have to couple it with social distancing.  There was little evidence of that in the reports from a few weeks ago.   You've only got to look at the photo in the link posted by DerbyTup this morning for evidence of that. 

It makes sense to social distance, but it just reduces an already very small risk to one a bit smaller. Virus transmission outdoors is very unlikely. An analyis of traced covid infections showed the vast majority to have occurred indoors, in that analysis only one was found that occurred outdoors.

Likely it is the shifting air and uv light, the virus does not do well in tose conditions.

Bear in mind that a lot of vulnerable people are being hurt by this compulsory masking. I work with disabled and autistic clients and know of several who will no longer use public transport, even though they are exempt from masking, due to the perceived and actual hostility of mask wearing members of the public who resent vulnerable members of the community having a 'get out'.

Just seen this breaking news on the Mirror site. British tourists to Spain will have to quarantine for two weeks on return to UK. The UK government is reportedly set to announce imminently that the change will affect all tourists - unless they're back by midnight tonight.

Is it worth the risk of booking a holiday abroad only to find half way through you may have to isolate when you get home.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/breaking-british-tourists-spain-quarantine-22415865#source=breaking-news

Edited by iansheff

2 hours ago, iansheff said:

Just seen this breaking news on the Mirror site. British tourists to Spain will have to quarantine for two weeks on return to UK. The UK government is reportedly set to announce imminently that the change will affect all tourists - unless they're back by midnight tonight.

Is it worth the risk of booking a holiday abroad only to find half way through you may have to isolate when you get home.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/breaking-british-tourists-spain-quarantine-22415865#source=breaking-news

I came back from France when quarantine was required from there. 

Nobody checked my paper work on entering the UK. Nobody checked where I was staying. Nobody checked if I was where I said I’d be.

In short, nobody cared. My quarantine was entirely down to me. 

Pathetic really.

1 hour ago, Pettytom said:

I came back from France when quarantine was required from there. 

Nobody checked my paper work on entering the UK. Nobody checked where I was staying. Nobody checked if I was where I said I’d be.

In short, nobody cared. My quarantine was entirely down to me. 

Pathetic really.

Thanks for that info PettyTom.  Adds a bit of reality info to the posturing and noise emanating from Downing Street.

4 hours ago, iansheff said:

I'm waiting for the conspiracy peddlers to come on & start linking the Govt. advice that only essential flight to Spain should now be taken, (don't forget this will probably affect your travel insurance?);  the threat / advice of a 14 day quarantine period on your return from Spain all to the fact that there is a 400,000 UK passport application backlog for new & renewing passports? 

Oh the conspiracists will be having a field day on social media linking the two events.  I can see it now.  The UK Passport Office can't cope so the Govt are trying to put off people from going to the UK's most popular tourist spot.