Coronavirus - Part Two.

Just now, onewheeldave said:

To make the judgements I need to make requires some reasonably accurate statistics for deaths caused by COVID, not deaths that may or may not have been caused by COVID. I've been aware form the start that the stats were dodgy- too many organisations with a vested interest in positions to manipulate them.

If, as you say, the stats don't exist, then that's that- I make up my mind using other information, of which there is plenty.

Do tell what this "other information" is.

BTW - ONS has no "vested interest" - it is simply keeping records. Now you seem to want to underplay the role of covid by quite a large factor...........................

1 minute ago, onewheeldave said:

It may be widely accepted in the circles you approve of, but most of those involved in the civil liberty/anti-compulsory masking communities consider them to be grossly innacurate.

Then give us your accurate figures.

And your evidence base.

You were out by a factor of five on peak Covid deaths. Maybe you could convince us that you are right this time.

Edited by Pettytom

13 minutes ago, butlers said:

If covid played no part then why were excess deaths in April about 2 times the long term average,just when coincidentally a new virus was making merry

Given the NHS stats for the period were around 350 max/day, and they did not include care homes, and, with the elderly being most susceptible to COVID mortality, perhaps the extra deaths from other sources can be accounted for mainly by the deaths of the elderly? It seems to me that discharging elderly COVID infected into care homes full of COVID could cause a very large amount of deaths.

3 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Do tell what this "other information" is.

The stuff I've been posting on this thread that you dismiss.

It may be widely accepted in the circles you approve of, but most of those involved in the civil liberty/anti-compulsory masking communities consider them to be grossly innacurate.

So give us your sources.

Don't you believe many more people than usual (excess deaths) occurred in April / May?

Given the NHS stats for the period were around 350 max/day, and they did not include care homes, and, with the elderly being most susceptible to COVID mortality, perhaps the extra deaths from other sources can be accounted for mainly by the deaths of the elderly? It seems to me that discharging elderly COVID infected into care homes full of COVID could cause a very large amount of deaths.

Evidence.