Coronavirus - Part Two.

8 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

In the absence of reasonably accurate stats for numbers killed by COVID it is impossible to say how many people were killed by COVID. Your stats of numbers who died with covid are of no use.

How can the medical profession determine who was killed by covid?

Just now, Pettytom said:

What do we do next?

Easy- you continue to push for more lockdown measures, I continue to push for less, as I am way more worried about the deaths from economic devastation, job losses, mental health issues, than those from COVID.

2 minutes ago, Longcol said:

How can the medical profession determine who was killed by covid?

How can we determine likely numbers of deaths from economic damage that are yet to happen?

2 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

Easy- you continue to push for more lockdown measures, I continue to push for less, as I am way more worried about the deaths from economic devastation, job losses, mental health issues, than those from COVID.

Not so easy.

I don’t want more lockdown measures. I want fewer. But, I don’t think that ignoring the tens of thousands who might die is the right approach. Economic damage is easy enough to fix. I share your fears about mass unemployment, but I think you are exaggerating the mental health issue.

So, Dave, what do you want to see happen next?

Edited by Pettytom

@onewheeldave. The 450 people who die everyday because of cancer, are they a public health risk to other people ie spreading it to other people? If they were, do you not think there would be a public outcry if the government did nothing about it? I'll ask you another question, If a person dies in a car crash with underlying health conditions, would you class the cause of death as them conditions, or the crash itself? While I fully respect your views on this, I'm not going to apologise for finding them a little disturbing. What is more disturbing is you are only the tip of the iceberg.

4 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

So, Dave, what do you want to see happen next?

I'd like to see you answer this-

13 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

What about the mass unemployment, economic devastation and deaths from mental illness. Do you literally believe they aren't going to happen?

Edited by onewheeldave

Just now, Longcol said:

Hard - but going to be less than covid - remember 1,400 deaths in one day in April...............................

Whilst we were already social distancing and hand washing like crazy. That number could have been double without any intervention 

1 minute ago, onewheeldave said:

I'd like to see you answer this-

I’d like you to tell us all what you think we should do differently