Coronavirus - Part Two.

2 minutes ago, Dardandec said:

@onewheeldave. The 450 people who die everyday because of cancer, are they a public health risk to other people ie spreading it to other people? 

No, but they are 10 times the number currently dying from COVID.

deaths per day in the uk-

cancer 450

heart attacks 460

diabetes 71

that is just 3 conditions. 

I'm just putting the number of covid deaths [34] into context

1 minute ago, butlers said:

Like I said in the thread male suicides is at a 20 ? year high, I am very aware there's lots of people struggling a lot  ,it's going to be difficult to navigate the next few months it's lesser evil choices

Well it looks like no-one else is going to go near it-

What do you think about the mass unemployment, economic devastation and deaths from mental illness?

Why do you think none of the lockdown pushers on this thread are willing to answer this highly relevant question?

11 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

How can we determine likely numbers of deaths from economic damage that are yet to happen?

First let's establish what has happened. Thousands of excess deaths in April and May.

And we could look at excess deaths under a period of economic damage like under Thatcher in the 80's - 3 million unemployed. Can't recall anything like that number.

Yup but next week and the week after the same number of heart attacks will happen, there no magic fix to that.

We have a highly transmissible virus about and by doing some behaviour changing we can limit deaths from 1000 plus a day to low 20s.

Seems a price well worth paying until hopefully we have vaccine, 

2 minutes ago, Longcol said:

First let's establish what has happened. Thousands of excess deaths in April and May.

And we could look at excess deaths under a period of economic damage like under Thatcher in the 80's - 3 million unemployed. Can't recall anything like that number.

Just to clarify what should be obvious- I do not consider those figures in April and May to be relevant, as there is no reason to believe they correspond to deaths caused by COVID.

Neither, as I suspect you know full well, is looking at what happened in the 80's going to be relevant to deaths caused by unemployment now.

I think would hope my fellow mask zealots  will acknowledge it.

Like I said it's a choice of lesser evils

I remember the 80s and it's plain as day in economic stress sadly suicide rises, can't be bothered to look but I will guess 10 percent.

Even sweden ( boo ) who have been the libertarians favourite have suffered nearly as much of an economic hit than it's more lockdown neighbours,only about 5 percent difference.

4 minutes ago, butlers said:

Yup but next week and the week after the same number of heart attacks will happen, there no magic fix to that.

We have a highly transmissible virus about and by doing some behaviour changing we can limit deaths from 1000 plus a day to low 20s.

Seems a price well worth paying until hopefully we have vaccine, 

Not heart attacks- What do you think about the coming deaths from mass unemployment, economic devastation and mental illness?

Just now, onewheeldave said:

Just to clarify what should be obvious- I do not consider those figures in April and May to be relevant, as there is no reason to believe they correspond to deaths caused by COVID.

So you disagree with the doctors who signed the death certificates. Your medical qualifications are.......................................

And what did cause the excess deaths if not covid? The bogeyman?

1 minute ago, onewheeldave said:

Neither, as I suspect you know full well, is looking at what happened in the 80's going to be relevant to deaths caused by unemployment now.

You really want to cherry pick there, seems entirely fair to check numbers in last major recession,