Coronavirus - Part Two.

3 minutes ago, Kidorry said:

Why obviously?  I have not heard of any test to see if it has worked or not. I am not talking about the trials.

One thing none of the safety tests for the vaccine can show, is long term side effects. Part of the reason safety testing for drugs takes so long [as did vaccine safety testing till now] is that long term side effects have a chance of manifesting- this cannot happen with a vaccince developed in less than a year.

17 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

One thing none of the safety tests for the vaccine can show, is long term side effects. Part of the reason safety testing for drugs takes so long [as did vaccine safety testing till now] is that long term side effects have a chance of manifesting- this cannot happen with a vaccince developed in less than a year.

So, lets keep the lockdown and mask wearing going on until the long-term side effects can be measured?  After all, the mental health of those worried about the vaccine trumps the mental health of those who don't like the mask-wearing.  Or does it?  It's hard to tell with you.

I think you are searching for reasons to be paranoid.

Edited by Arnold_Lane

23 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

According to various Scientist over the last couple of days, the word is,  minimum side effects if any at all.   A couple of people told me the Flu jab made them feel sick ect, then other people seem to  be OK, Me included,  I suppose its a case of Horses for Coarses.

1 hour ago, Arnold_Lane said:

Vaccination means we won’t need to wear masks any more which will improve the mental health of those you say are affected by it.  That means fewer suicides, right?

Mental health damage doesn't necessary dissapear when the stressor is removed- where compulsory masking and some of the other lockdown measures are concerned, for many the damage has been done.

And for many of them, there is now a 'second wave' of mental health issues due to the fear of a compulsory vaccine [which would include compulsion in the sense of not being able to access travel, restaraunts, concerts, work without a 'health passport' proving vaccination]- this especially applying to those who are conspiacy theorists as well as those who are not anti-vax, but who oppose compulsory vaccinations, and those who question the vaccines safety/long term safety.

1 minute ago, PRESLEY said:

According to various Scientist over the last couple of days, the word is,  minimum side effects if any at all.   A couple of people told me the Flu jab made them feel sick ect, then other people seem to  be OK, Me included,  I suppose its a case of Horses for Coarses.

That obviously doesn't include long term side effects.

6 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

Mental health damage doesn't necessary dissapear when the stressor is removed- where compulsory masking and some of the other lockdown measures are concerned, for many the damage has been done.

And for many of them, there is now a 'second wave' of mental health issues due to the fear of a compulsory vaccine [which would include compulsion in the sense of not being able to access travel, restaraunts, concerts, work without a 'health passport' proving vaccination]- this especially applying to those who are conspiacy theorists as well as those who are not anti-vax, but who oppose compulsory vaccinations, and those who question the vaccines safety/long term safety.

Not really.  It's the exact same issue. Paranoia.

5 minutes ago, Kidorry said:

To see if it worked on me, because I could be one of the 5% that it did not work on. According to the tests.

So you want to know if there is a test to see if if works on everybody?

Yes.  Obviously.  

Are you suggesting everybody has a vaccine and then has a test after to see if the vaccine worked?

Edited by Arnold_Lane

2 hours ago, Pettytom said:

They are finally starting to get things right. Their failure to prepare adequately is unforgivable and has cost many lives, we shouldn’t forget that.

They have got the vaccine purchase right and the quick tests, which will also give us an  avenue back to normality. It takes less than an hour now to get a lateral flow test result. They aren’t perfect, but they are ok and getting better. So, on the whole, things look to be improving.

Are they getting things right though?  

They ordered the vaccine before it had the proper go-ahead, and fortunately it turned out to be a lucky gamble and it passed the tests. But others are coming on line now, possibly better, cheaper and easier to administer. I can't help thinking they are rushing this through because they want to be 'first' with the vaccine to save face for previous blunders. 

Hopefully it will work, but I wouldn't put money on it. They have yet to work out the logistics of rolling it out to the public, and that might yet turn into another shambles. 

Edited by Anna B

5 minutes ago, MuteWitness said:

It is unknown how the vaccine will effect breast feeding and fertility - another reason some people may not want it.

source - https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/940565/Information_for_Healthcare_Professionals_on_Pfizer_BioNTech_COVID-19_vaccine.pdf

Those concerns should be raised with a doctor at the time.