Coronavirus - Part Two.

3 hours ago, alchresearch said:

Seems odd that it never showed up in the trials.

Or maybe it did and they didn't want to mention it in case it caused panic and scared people off it?

I'll suspect its the latter. There is enough fuel of the Conspiracy theorists and the anti-vax brigade as it is.

Who really cares though.  It's hardly a shocking story, There are people who have allergies to everything. It happens all the time even with medicines and vaccinations now with doctors and nurses asking if you have a particular allergy to XYZ before administering a dose.

I suspect it will be exactly the same with the covid-19 one.  

Blimey, you can't even go for a meal these days without a nervy waiter asking you a list of questions before placing your order so medication is expected.

3 hours ago, alchresearch said:

Seems odd that it never showed up in the trials.

Or maybe it did and they didn't want to mention it in case it caused panic and scared people off it?

I understand that people who have strong allergic reactions are generally excluded from trials

39 minutes ago, gamezone07 said:

Juts went for test at hillsborough park, 12pm, hardly anyone there for tests, bit surprising, at Glastonbury, sorry, Endcliffe Park, there are huge crowds all mingling and in the local shops as well, Star noting sharrowvale as one the highest rates of C19 in city

Yes Endcliffe park and shops around Sharrowvale road are all very busy (but people wait outside shops and don’t crowd inside). If c19 numbers are high there I suspect it more to do with high student populations and the housing arrangements of those living in the wider area of Sharrow. 
Remember that the crowds on beaches in the summer and the BLM protests didn’t cause a spike in covid then. Experts have said this most likely because they were outdoors. IMO we make far too much of a palaver about outdoor social distancing and  pay too little heed of the risks of meeting friends,family and work colleagues indoors.

Anna B

With vaccines on the horizon and the end of the pandemic just barely in sight.  What will it be like when it's over ? 

Some psychologists suggest that the collective and individual traumas of

this year will create an opportunity to think more deeply about how our world can and should change.

The pandemic  has highlighted inequities that have long plagued our grossly unequal society. Giving us a starting place for exactly where and how we can do better.

Edited by petemcewan

50 minutes ago, petemcewan said:

https://www.fda.gov/media/144245/download

FDA Briefing Document.

Safety data ,Page 38 and 41 .

Having read it all.I'm still going to have the BioNTech vaccine -if ,in fact, that is the one I'm offered. The benefit outweighs the risk.

Me too, as extremely vulnerable to the virus I think any risk from the vaccine pales into insignificance. As I understand it is those whose allergies pose the risk of anaphylaxis who are being advised not to have the vaccine currently being used. 

16 hours ago, petemcewan said:

Anna B

With vaccines on the horizon and the end of the pandemic just barely in sight.  What will it be like when it's over ? 

Some psychologists suggest that the collective and individual traumas of

this year will create an opportunity to think more deeply about how our world can and should change.

The pandemic  has highlighted inequities that have long plagued our grossly unequal society. Giving us a starting place for exactly where and how we can do better.

Well said.

I so hope some good can come out of all this.