Coronavirus - Part Two.

11 minutes ago, butlers said:

Could it really be that to my observation  men are many many multiples in exempted classes than women.

Rationality suggests that can not be so.

If it is the case that there are more maskless males than females in shops, there are several rational explanations other than the one that seems to be being implied [that the males are 'pretending to be exempt'].

1 hour ago, Kidorry said:

The three youngish men certainly looked fit enough to me, and if they are exempt should they be wearing some badge to say so?

It's the nature of hidden disabilities that they are not necessarily going to be apparent to you, and, the fact that they look, as you put it 'fit enough' is totally irrelevant to their disabled status.

And no, people with hidden disabilites who are exempt are under no obligation to wear a badge. There are available things like sunflower badges and lanyards for those who wish to display them, but no mask exempt person is required to do so.

3 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

If it is the case that there are more maskless males than females in shops, there are several rational explanations other than the one that seems to be being implied [that the males are 'pretending to be exempt'].

Yeah, that's possible. There is a macho angle to some non-masking though. For example, internet idiot Joseph Paul Watson claimed on Twitter that a man wearing a mask is tantamount to his gf doing him up the fart box. 

1 minute ago, Delbow said:

Yeah, that's possible. There is a macho angle to some non-masking though. For example, internet idiot Joseph Paul Watson claimed on Twitter that a man wearing a mask is tantamount to his gf doing him up the fart box. 

You really have a bee in your bonnet about this don't you. 

You seem like you really want to believe that men are pretending to be exempt. 

Why can't you just accept if somone isn't wearing one then the most likely explanation is they are in fact exempt? . 

Just now, The_DADDY said:

You really have a bee in your bonnet about this don't you. 

You seem like you really want to believe that men are pretending to be exempt. 

Why can't you just accept if somone isn't wearing one then the most likely explanation is they are in fact exempt? . 

Only half a bee. And it's a lovely bonnet. I think it's probably a mix of both - valid reasons, and macho bs. I'm a man, I know what they're like.

4 minutes ago, Delbow said:

I think it's probably a mix of both - valid reasons, and macho bs. I'm a man, I know what they're like.

Like I said earlier you could always ask them if it troubles you. Post back here and tell us how you went on 👍

4 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Only half a bee. And it's a lovely bonnet. 

😂

Edited by The_DADDY

9 minutes ago, butlers said:

There you go again with you're loose " facts" Delbow,  it's Paul Joseph Watson.

A fine journalist ,of this parish ,he's a Greno lad.

I pride myself on getting it wrong, it's the sort of thing he's probably a stickler about 😀

Guest sibon
2 hours ago, onewheeldave said:

And no, people with hidden disabilites who are exempt are under no obligation to wear a badge. There are available things like sunflower badges and lanyards for those who wish to display them, but no mask exempt person is required to do so.

Whilst I’m sure that there are some people who cannot wear a mask for health reasons, I seriously doubt that there are many.

Those that can’t wear a mask could help the rest of us by either wearing a lanyard that explains their issue to the rest of us, or by making extra efforts to social distance. In that way, people who are compliant in mask wearing, won’t feel intimidated.

Having said that, I don’t come across many non mask wearers when I’m shopping. When I do, I ask them to move away from me if necessary.

14 minutes ago, sibon said:

Those that can’t wear a mask could help the rest of us by either wearing a lanyard that explains their issue to the rest of us, or by making extra efforts to social distance. In that way, people who are compliant in mask wearing, won’t feel intimidated.

That's not the way it works. 

The only thing an exempt person needs to do is not wear a mask. 

That's all. If mask wearers feel intimidated then they can always stay at home and shop online.