Coronavirus - Part Two.

Guest makapaka

No point arguing about it anymore - simple facts;

the government has decided to let a virus go through the population.

you can get a vaccine that will make you less susceptible to severe illness or death.

14% of adults haven’t bothered to have one, and 34% haven’t had a second jab.

if you haven’t had a vaccine you’ll probably be alright you might not.

if you have had a vaccine you’ll most likely be ok.

The focus on it will end only when the media decides - and who knows when that will be.

4 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

I'd remove the compulsion- let people choose if they want to mask or isolate or not.

I think taxpayers would soon get tired of idiots getting infected and stretching NHS resources.

4 minutes ago, sibon said:
8 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

I'd remove the compulsion- let people choose if they want to mask or isolate or not.

The trouble with that is the number of people who wouldn’t make good choices. For example, those guys at the football last week. Or, the people on this thread who are cheering on the 19th July. 

It isn’t a personal decision. Every decision taken by an individual affects the group. 

I'd like to live in a country where the people trusted the government and the media and the government and media were trustworthy. In such a country we might not have to have had lockdowns and could have had guidance instead. We ain't Sweden.

2 minutes ago, Longcol said:

I think taxpayers would soon get tired of idiots getting infected and stretching NHS resources.

We live in an age of divisiveness- woke vs anti woke, pro trans pronouns vs anti trans pronouns, racism is rife vs racism doesn't exist, left vs right, etc, etc.

You'll find that quite a large portion of taxpayers are anti lockdown and anti mask compulsion.

Just now, onewheeldave said:

We live in an age of divisiveness- woke vs anti woke, pro trans pronouns vs anti trans pronouns, racism is rife vs racism doesn't exist, left vs right, etc, etc.

You'll find that quite a large portion of taxpayers are anti lockdown and anti mask compulsion.

Evidence?

6 minutes ago, makapaka said:

the government has decided to let a virus go through the population.

'Freedom Day' is being whittled away before it's even happened- it looks like local authorities can keep whatever restrictions they want- masks on public transport etc. Then it's likely that there will be another full lockdown soon after due to increasing infections and approaching cold weather.

Just now, onewheeldave said:

'Freedom Day' is being whittled away before it's even happened- it looks like local authorities can keep whatever restrictions they want- masks on public transport etc. Then it's likely that there will be another full lockdown soon after due to increasing infections and approaching cold weather.

Freedom to catch the virus and infect other members of society. Odd sort of freedom.

1 minute ago, Longcol said:

Evidence?

I'll assume you're not asking for evidence of living in an age of divisiveness :)

Evidence that a significant portion of the population are anti lockdown and anti mask compuslion? Combination of just looking around and listening to what people I know are saying and then the fact that there is so much opposition to continuing the lockdowns. Media outlets like Talkradio, plus all the ones that got censored out of the public view.

Guest sibon
2 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

It isn’t freedom day.

It is freedom to breathe on a stranger day.

It is freedom to intimidate a sick person day.

It is freedom for a few nobs, that’s all. You’ll get your freedom when 80% of the world is vaccinated.