Coronavirus - Part Two.

Guest makapaka
11 hours ago, top4718 said:

Do cases really matter if no one is seriously ill, its like reporting that more people in Sheffield have a cold.

But the number of hospital admissions for Covid has gone from about 40 weeks ago to about 80 now.

Guest sibon
30 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

For those actually infected, Ebola killed way, way more than covid.

I know that. 

Why not answer the question that I asked, rather than the one that you wish I’d asked?

2 hours ago, cressida said:

I order the same😄

It was a pleasant revelation to me, the first time I was offered it. I don’t do it very often though, those chips have quite nasty side effects😀

1 hour ago, onewheeldave said:

That's because he's talking about his direct experience

It is limited, of course, to his experience i.e. he has expereinced very little negative stuff to do with covid [excluding of course, the considerable negative aspects of the covid lockdowns and draconian 'measures' imposed by the authorities] both personally and in the circles he moves in. Same for me, and, I expect, quite a large portion of the population. 

His and your " ... direct experience..." is a tiny, unverifiable, and unreliable dataset from which nothing can be extrapolated except total ignorance of statistics and epidemiology.

Even the most shallow meta analysis of data collected by tens of thousands of individuals and analysed by thousands working independently show patterns which can be tested.

Conspiracy Theorists lack the skill and resources to assemble meaningful data,  lack the independence of thought needed to analyse the data.

Yet Conspiracy Theorists still come on any media they can find and tell people their uneducated opinion- no discussion, no evidence. Any disagreement is met by insult.

Conspiracy Theorists feed each other comforting crumbs of information which do not stand up to scrutiny.

It reflects a total lack of the use and limitations of statistics, let alone population statistics, let alone medical statistics, let alone the use of statistics in epidemiology, as clearly shown in you attempt to make a comparison with Ebola. 

Edited by Annie Bynnol

11 hours ago, sibon said:

My favourite North Yorkshire thing is to order a curry and be offered half and half. Half chips, half rice.

That’s what we have here. One troll, one idiot.

I’ll leave you to decide which is which. Though you’ve been here longer than me and moderated the site. So, I’m guessing that the troll is evident.

That just leaves the idiot.

Regardless of their motives I hope that they do have someone to look after them. It is undoubtedly better to meet this virus vaccinated rather than unvaccinated.

It's kinder to assume gleeful trolling than to acknowledge folk Dunning-Krugering all over the place with such a colossal level of narcissistic twatishness that death and suffering is dismissed because it's perceived as being unlikely to affect them and their mates.  After all, the elderly, obese and those with the temerity to have a clutch of pre-existing conditions are the only ones affected, and they're essentially a disposable drain on the economy and far less important than freedom from the tyranny of wearing a mask, having a jab and doing a bit of social distancing.

2 hours ago, makapaka said:

But the number of hospital admissions for Covid has gone from about 40 weeks ago to about 80 now.

Sounds serious, that's a jump from around 0.005% of Sheffields population to around 0.01%

Better have another lockdown.

1 hour ago, Annie Bynnol said:

His and your " ... direct experience..." is a tiny, unverifiable, and unreliable dataset from which nothing can be extrapolated except total ignorance of statistics and epidemiology.

Even the most shallow meta analysis of data collected by tens of thousands of individuals and analysed by thousands working independently show patterns which can be tested.

Conspiracy Theorists lack the skill and resources to assemble meaningful data,  lack the independence of thought needed to analyse the data.

Yet Conspiracy Theorists still come on any media they can find and tell people their uneducated opinion- no discussion, no evidence. Any disagreement is met by insult.

Conspiracy Theorists feed each other comforting crumbs of information which do not stand up to scrutiny.

It reflects a total lack of the use and limitations of statistics, let alone population statistics, let alone medical statistics, let alone the use of statistics in epidemiology, as clearly shown in you attempt to make a comparison with Ebola. 

No-one is trying to pass personal experience off as peer reviewed study.

Simply [and usefully IMO] asking people to look around at their direct experience of covid [or absence of] and compare it to what they would experience in an actual serious pandemic, then draw their own conclusions as to the validity of the draconian 'measures' enforced on the population.

If for example, there was a re-occurance of spanish flu [or, indeed, widespread ebola], their personal experience of seeing people in their circles dying would be very, very much more extreme than most have experienced during covid, because spanish flu was a actual serious pandemic

1 hour ago, Hecate said:

It's kinder to assume gleeful trolling than to acknowledge folk Dunning-Krugering all over the place with such a colossal level of narcissistic twatishness that death and suffering is dismissed because it's perceived as being unlikely to affect them and their mates.  After all, the elderly, obese and those with the temerity to have a clutch of pre-existing conditions are the only ones affected, and they're essentially a disposable drain on the economy and far less important than freedom from the tyranny of wearing a mask, having a jab and doing a bit of social distancing.

This ^^

2 hours ago, onewheeldave said:

Sounds serious, that's a jump from around 0.005% of Sheffields population to around 0.01%

Better have another lockdown.

No-one is trying to pass personal experience off as peer reviewed study.

Simply [and usefully IMO] asking people to look around at their direct experience of covid [or absence of] and compare it to what they would experience in an actual serious pandemic, then draw their own conclusions as to the validity of the draconian 'measures' enforced on the population.

If for example, there was a re-occurance of spanish flu [or, indeed, widespread ebola], their personal experience of seeing people in their circles dying would be very, very much more extreme than most have experienced during covid, because spanish flu was a actual serious pandemic

If an Ebola pandemic did occur in the UK how would you deal with the Conspiracy Theorists spreading misinformation and undermining public health controls? 

If during the Ebola pandemic the Conspiracy Theorists came on this forum and went on and on about power crazy Governments, fraudulent pharma, bribery, only nearly dead people are dying etc. what would you say and do?

What would you say to Conspiracy Theorists happy to walk through corridors and wards looking for evidence of dead and dying?

1 hour ago, Annie Bynnol said:

If an Ebola pandemic did occur in the UK how would you deal with the Conspiracy Theorists spreading misinformation and undermining public health controls? 

If during the Ebola pandemic the Conspiracy Theorists came on this forum and went on and on about power crazy Governments, fraudulent pharma, bribery, only nearly dead people are dying etc. what would you say and do?

What would you say to Conspiracy Theorists happy to walk through corridors and wards looking for evidence of dead and dying?

Given that you consider Top to be a conspiracy theorist, and, if you actually listened to one of his key points, that he, and the circles he moves in, have had very little experience of any negatives from covid themselves, and, thus very much doubt the offical narrative that we are in a serious pandemic; then it is questionable whether there would be any such, as you put it, 'conspiracy theorists', as, due to the large numbers of very obvious painful deaths from ebola happening all around them, they would come to a very different conclusion about the severity of the ebola pandemic, than they are doing about the covid 'pandemic'.

Fauci, Whitty et al could have saved themselves decades of hard graft if only they'd known that all it takes to become an expert immunologist or epidemiologist capable of assessing the existence of pandemics is a dedication to the nether regions of the internet, a subscription to What Doctors Don't Tell You, and poking your head out the door from time to time to have a bit of a glance around to see if your neighbours are dying in the streets.

1 hour ago, onewheeldave said:

Given that you consider Top to be a conspiracy theorist, and, if you actually listened to one of his key points, that he, and the circles he moves in, have had very little experience of any negatives from covid themselves, and, thus very much doubt the offical narrative that we are in a serious pandemic; then it is questionable whether there would be any such, as you put it, 'conspiracy theorists', as, due to the large numbers of very obvious painful deaths from ebola happening all around them, they would come to a very different conclusion about the severity of the ebola pandemic, than they are doing about the covid 'pandemic'.

How about the points that the vaccine is going to cause mass deaths 18 months down the line, that midazolam and morphine are being used in care homes to "bump off" the elderly to increase covid deaths?