Coronavirus - Part Two.

I had polio and smallpox vaccines ,as did most others as a child.Anti tet as well

Most of the others I can’t remember as a baby/toddler.

This vaccine is for your own good but the anti vacs warriors have tried to demonise it.

Parents have a responsibility in advising and discussing with their children

10 hours ago, onewheeldave said:

This is indeed, the big, big problem.

The mainstream narrative is so obsessively focused on the problems arising from the virus, that it seems almost blind to the problems caused by the lockdowns in terms of mental illness etc- even less so the damage to freedom and civil liberties.

A huge problem is the NHS has far fewer beds per head of population  than the rest of western Europe - we simply don't have the capacity to cope with demand for "normal" NHS services and a pandemic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_hospital_beds

Remember when "conspiracy theorists" mentioned all this being a lead in to digital ID's and social credit system, the Government has announced that its bringing in a "wristband" and a points based reward system for exercise, healthy eating etc.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.................................

2 hours ago, RJRB said:

I had polio and smallpox vaccines ,as did most others as a child.Anti tet as well

Most of the others I can’t remember as a baby/toddler.

This vaccine is for your own good but the anti vacs warriors have tried to demonise it.

Parents have a responsibility in advising and discussing with their children

Those were in the days when the governments were largely regarded as responsible, trustworthy and benevolent. 

But times have changed. Personally I wouldn't trust modern governments as far as I could throw them. We have been lied to, cheated and sold down the river once too often by our self serving, greedy, manipulative politicians. We now know how little we are valued.

IMO youngsters in particular are feeling the brunt of it. Is it any surprise they feel short-changed, exploited and now denied access by a government that has never worked in their best interests? Why would they want to do anything to appease the authorities. For them it's as much about freedoms and grief as it is about vaccination.    

It’s a shame that you conflate several issues and subscribe to the supposed hidden agenda behind vaccines.

My position is based solely on medical matters.

I have no great respect for many politicians and governments but I never have done.

What has changed is the easy access to whatever information you seek on the internet and social media and the platform that is available to everybody .

It’s a very mixed blessing.

8 hours ago, top4718 said:

Remember when "conspiracy theorists" mentioned all this being a lead in to digital ID's and social credit system, the Government has announced that its bringing in a "wristband" and a points based reward system for exercise, healthy eating etc.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.................................

Links please

20 hours ago, top4718 said:

There's a lot of logic in this [letting people at low risk form Covid catch it], you can't beat natural immunity and letting the virus rip through people who have the best chance of recovery (people under 75) was obviously (with hindsight) the best approach.

Healthy people under about 45, yes definitely.

People between that age and about 60 would probably work pretty well too.

Over that, esp over 70, poss not so well.

The fact is that chances of death from Covid are heavily dependent on age, the government saying early in this pandemic "this virus is indiscriminate" was misinformation every bit as dishonest as some of the stuff you hear from anti vaxxers. Though we must be careful not to generalise here, young people who decide not to get vaxxed because they are at no significant risk from Covid and they worry there might be some long term negative side effect to vaccination are being perfectly rational. Them getting vaxxed will make no significant difference anyway as vaccines are not that effective at stopping transmission.

There is one group that making any significant effort to prevent infection in is irrational. Healthy kids are at no risk from Covid death (or as near to zero as it is possible to be without actually being zero), there is an argument it would be better for them to catch it when it is no risk to them, like chicken pox for instance. When I was forced to test our lad (he had a cold...) in order for him to return to school I was half hoping he did have Covid, though it would have made life awkward for my wife and I by us being forced to self isolate. I think at that stage you had to self isolate even if vaccinated if someone in your household had Covid.

England-Covid-deaths-of-over-and-under-6

Edited by Chekhov