Coronavirus - Part Two.

Guest makapaka
10 hours ago, Longcol said:

Not exactly new eg use of Delta variant has been around months..................

And (a pedant writes)  Yankee etc is the phonetic alphabet used by emergency services, not the Greek alphabet............ 

I know that - which is why I said they’ll run out of Greek letters at this rate.

I suppose giving them a name is good for hash tags etc 

Edited by makapaka

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

Buy an exemption lanyard if you don't want any hassle. Bear in mind that if wearing a mask causes you distress then you qualify for an exemption and do not have to wear one. That is the law.

Why don't you suggest that people print out Blue Badges?

If you have principles stick to them and don't hide behind other peoples disabilities-a cowards way out.

People that use a "sunflower" lanyard to pretend that they have a need or disability which gives them exemption are behaving disgracefully.

The "Sunflower" lanyard has a primary purpose of indicating to others that the wearer may need support or extra consideration.  

I have seen it at work are paying at a till, paying a fare, asking for a destination, passport control(where you do need to take your mask off).

Only last week a EMR platform worker and Northern guard very professionally confirmed with a wearer that the train they were waiting for took them to a destination they wanted.

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

Using the term jobsworth shows what kind of tosser you are

Another one that needs to read up on history, governments and the realities of life.

We have never been free, to do as we please Willy Nilly, freedom Is an illusion

No it's because I do not take the same view as you. As I said earlier, one man's freedom fighter is another mans freedom fighter.

As an aside, people arguing for masks upset me, but I do not call them "tossers", ignorant maybe (as in ignorant of the facts and of risk probability, as opposed to ignorant in an insulting sense of the word) but not tossers.

Having said all of that, most of those asking if you have mask probably do not want to be doing so and may not even be in favour of it themselves, so the use off  the term "jobsworth" was probably inappropriate.

24 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

No it's because I do not take the same view as you. As I said earlier, one man's freedom fighter is another mans freedom fighter.

As an aside, people arguing for masks upset me, but I do not call them "tossers", ignorant maybe (as in ignorant of the facts and of risk probability, as opposed to ignorant in an insulting sense of the word) but not tossers.

Having said all of that, most of those asking if you have mask probably do not want to be doing so and may not even be in favour of it themselves, so the use off  the term "jobsworth" was probably inappropriate.

I work in hospitality, it's just a job, when people have to wear a mask we have to enforce it, either we lose the job, or the place gets shut down for not complying with the rules, it's not about being a jobsworth. Lanyards help in identifying those that don't have to wear one so we don't hassle them unessessarly