Coronavirus - Part Two.

7 minutes ago, steve68 said:

to be honest the years i've been on this forum, you've always come across as anti everything, but Autism i consider its a perfect term for you 🏌🏼‍♂️

That is not fair, autism is a very complicated and varied set of impairments.

Autism does not result in a tendency toward conspiracy theory thinking.

23 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

It is an insulting term when applied to people who aren't conspiracy theorists

oh give over, stop being a snowflake, you belive in a conspiracy, which is only a theory, so you are a conspiracy theorist, like it or not, thats the definition, if you dont like it, stop spreading ****.

6 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

You don't have to pass an exam or pay a membership fee, it applies to those show certain behaviours when  faced with events.

No- you're misusing language. You actually gave the correct definition of 'conspiracy theorists' in your earlier quote-

3 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Conspiracy Theorist is not an insulting term , it has been used for decades to describe people who follow a Conspiracy Theory which "... is an explanation for an event or situation that invokes a conspiracy by sinister and powerful groups, often political in motivation, when other explanations are more probable." Wikipaedia

Then you add 

'They exhibit certain behaviour pattern including inventing terms to describe those who don't actively support their version of reality, for example :

" ...ultra compliers and pro-suppression [some will be, some will not]- those terms refer to the public majority who've bought into the covid insanity and sold their [and our] civil liberties down the river.:".'

Some conspiracy theorists may engage in that behaviour- it is not a defining characteristic of the term 'conspiracy theorist' though. Rather it is standard human behaviour to use invented and/or insulting terms to those who disagree with them.

Ironically your are yourself doing it by incorrectly applying the term 'conspiracy theorist' to people who disagree with you.

40 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

How you describe yourself is irrelevant compared to your suggestion to somebody  that they:

"Buy an exemption lanyard if you don't want any hassle."

This promotion of the mis-use of the "Sunflower" lanyard for people who wish to dodge their responsibility is just plain wrong.

That has nothing whatsoever to do with "conspiracy theorists".

And it is not a misuse of a Sunflower lanyard. AFAIK  Sunflower lanyard is all about hidden disabilities. Having psychological issues with wearing a face mask would, it would seem to me, fit that perfectly.

I hate face masks with a passion, I do not even like seeing other people in them, but wearing one myself makes me mad as hell, it is very bad for my mental health and as such I have no intention whatsoever of wearing one, under any circumstances. Hopefully a significant number of other people will feel the same way, particularly as face masks are pretty ineffective at stopping Covid. Even if it needs stopping, which, IMO it does not, that is what vaccines are for. Get vaccinated (if significantly vulnerable to Covid, AND THEN FORGET ABOUT IT (because you are almost certrainly going to die of something else....).

5 hours ago, Dromedary said:

depends how you define no, the Dr (whos an unbiased) expert in Jims video link says one nurse who discovered it, says its mild, but then somebody else in soweto has said its affecting the young and unvacinated more, and hes more worried about that aspect

34 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

>>Yes I’m scared, I’m scared of dying, I’m scared of my loved ones dying<<

Stay home then. 

I suspect very strongly that the poster is scared of dying full stop, not just from Covid. And there are millions like him (or her), and that, combined with  a poor grasp of risk probability and the government trying its best to scare everyone since March 2020 (in order to "ensure compliance"), is the basis of the problem.

Edited by Chekhov

19 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I hate face masks with a passion, I do not even like seeing other people in them, but wearing one myself makes me mad as hell, it is very bad for my mental health and as such I have no intention whatsoever of wearing one, under any circumstances.

!

Guest makapaka
On 08/11/2021 at 10:59, makapaka said:

Given the current bad news centred around the government I’d expect a Covid week this week - maybe a new variant or a rise in cases following schools return etc 

Some people call me a cynic. 

5 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

!

Who likes wearing a face mask - it’s depressing. 

26 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I suspect very strongly that the poster is scared of dying full stop, not just from Covid. And there are millions like him (or her), and that, combined with  a poor grasp of risk probability and the government trying its best to scare everyone since March 2020 (in order to "ensure compliance"), is the basis of the problem.

You know I think you probably hit the nail on the head there.