Coronavirus - Part Two.

2 hours ago, sibon said:

There are still plenty of unvaccinated people out there.

I’m double jabbed and pretty well doing everything I used to do. Like many people. So the vax program has improved things. It all takes time though.

I’d like to see the way the stats are reported change. Number of infections isn’t really very important any more. Number of serious infections is.

Is there though? 83% of the good people.e of North East Derbyshire have had both jabs. And thats over 12 years of age if I've read it right.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51768274

If you haven't had at least one jab by now, tough luck if you get it. However, that's not the whole story. Another of the people I converse with who have caught covid have had both jabs. None have been hospitalised, but then again an awful lot weren't hospitalised back in 2020. I know the vaccine vaccine reduces hospital admissions by alot but if it doesn't stop you catching it or spreading it,  we're going to be stuck in this never ending cycle of restrictions. 

20 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/16501005/brits-foreign-holidays-covid-booster-jabs/

Then 4

Then 5

Then 6

You jab happy lot are going to look like pin cushions before too long and you will STILL be in lockdown this Christmas just like the unjabbed. 

and wholl be to blame for a lockdown?

the unjabbed

the none mask wearers

the dillydallying right wing government not listening to the scientific experts

you really should think before typing, you dropped yersen in it then

Edited by melthebell

36 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Then 4

Then 5

Then 6

You jab happy lot are going to look like pin cushions before too long and you will STILL be in lockdown this Christmas just like the unjabbed. 

No one has mentioned any 4th, 5th, 6th jabs other than you. Keep making stuff up to try and make a point

51 minutes ago, Delayed said:

No one has mentioned any 4th, 5th, 6th jabs other than you. Keep making stuff up to try and make a point

I think, like the flu jab, these will have to be given every year. A lot of the controversy around the jabs is that it weakens your natural immune system to covid, and the covid bug gets stronger.

29 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I think, like the flu jab, these will have to be given every year. A lot of the controversy around the jabs is that it weakens your natural immune system to covid, and the covid bug gets stronger.

Which would be fine having a jab once a year at the most  vulnerable time of the season. What the CTs are implying is that we'll constantly be having at least 3 jabs a year which no one has said

1 hour ago, Delayed said:

No one mentioned the 3rd one until pretty recently. 

Give it time. 

Edited by The_DADDY

19 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Pure speculation, poor science.

'Flu viruses are not equatable with Covid type viruses.

Immunization against 'flu viruses is not equatable with Covid type viruses.

Global strategies against 'flu viruses are unique to 'flu viruses. 

You have no understanding of natural immunity to covid because nobody does it is too early.

There is no such thing as a covid bug.

Viruses do not behave like other living things and they do not get stronger.

25 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

No one mentioned the 3rd one until pretty recently. 

Give it time. 

That will be 3 COVID vaccinations and 1 flu vaccination.

What about the millions that actually caught COVID, surely they now have a better restistance?

If they caught COVID and were not seriously ill, that shows their own bodies antibodies dealth with it well enough.

At least 10 million in the UK have already had COVID, more than 15% of the adult population that have antibodies.

The whole situation is in flux. Suppose as seems the most likely scenario, covid ends up looking like cold or flu then think of all the things that are to come before we have moved from a pandemic to an endemic disease and are reasonably clear on the new situation. For a start, we will all or almost all need to have been infected a few times as opposed to maybe 40% of the population having been infected. Ditto for most of the World's population. We need the global vaccination programme to run to a reasonable state of completeness where at the moment it's less than half done and in a way which is rather skewed towards China and the West. If after the great majority have been 'fully vaccinated' and had a booster and the immunosuppressed have had a third dose and then a booster (four doses) we may still need annual boosters. And then there may well be new rounds/ types of vaccine because the virus has evolved. And if the virus is still killing maybe 1 in a 1000 annually, there will in those 7 million deaths a year globally be plenty of impetus to develop new drugs and vaccines. All of which means we're a long way from some kind of dynamic equilibrium with covid. The vaccines are fantastic and we can imagine getting back to normal but we can be sure of relatively little going forward.

The situation with the NHS is also precarious. About 8 000 beds are occupied by people with covid and we only had 140 000 beds prepandemic. Not all the 140 000 beds are available because of the need to do infection control. And the NHS also has to plan in the face of considerable uncertainty. How many beds does it need for covid next week? How long will it be before we can go from protecting the NHS to it protecting us?

39 minutes ago, El Cid said:

That will be 3 COVID vaccinations and 1 flu vaccination.

The immuno-suppressed are already on a track that assumes they will have a fourth vaccination.

40 minutes ago, El Cid said:

At least 10 million in the UK have already had COVID, more than 15% of the adult population that have antibodies.

I think the proportion of the population with antibodies is in the region of 95% ... mostly due to vaccination. There have been around 9 million cases so far but that grossly underestimates the number of infections. I would guess around 40% of the population have had covid so far ... but that is just back of the envelope.