Coronavirus - Part Two.

1 hour ago, top4718 said:

The only person distracting here is you, at the end of the day your obsession with what constitutes a CT is far less important than the current situation in Germany where despite them doing all the things that you deem correct with regards to virus control they're currently in the grip of the worst rise in infections since the pre-vaccine days. You obviously don't want to discuss this and that's fine but it does prove a lot of people on here wrong, hence the lack of attention to it.

I’m not sure what point you are making regarding Germany.Their infection rates are up compared to their own historical figures.Still lower than the U.K. and to keep it that way they campaign to get more people vaccinated.

Happy to discuss further and eject the elephant from the room. https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/germany-covid-cases-record-lockdown-vaccinations-robert-koch-institute-b965365.html

4 hours ago, Carbuncle said:

Could you define the term "Conspiracy Theory" and "Conspiracy Theorist" for me ?

For example, are the large number of Republicans who think the 2020 US election was stolen, in the complete absence of evidence, conspiracy theorists? [ eg https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/apr/16/americans-republicans-stolen-election-violence-trump ]

There are several overlapping definitions which apply,  some would apply to individuals and some to groups and some to political activists and organizations and probably others who try to manipulate and control seeking political or monetary gain.

An opinion however extreme does not make a Conspiracy Theorist.  

4 hours ago, top4718 said:

The only person distracting here is you, at the end of the day your obsession with what constitutes a CT is far less important than the current situation in Germany where despite them doing all the things that you deem correct with regards to virus control they're currently in the grip of the worst rise in infections since the pre-vaccine days. You obviously don't want to discuss this and that's fine but it does prove a lot of people on here wrong, hence the lack of attention to it.

Let us not be distracted from what you mean by your answer "Whatever..." in response to:

1 How long it takes for a Conspiracy Theory to be proven? 

2 Your comment that unproven Conspiracy Theories  become  "...estimations of what could actually happen..." parked away for generations waiting to be re-born.

It is striking that the anti-vaccination Conspiracy Theories has been around for over 150 years and have got absolutely nowhere, except to make the whole process more rigorous and safer.

1 minute ago, cuttsie said:

Holland announced further lock down today , The virus is on the rampage through out Europe , Why the UK is pretending its not as serious as it was is a mystery .

It isn't serious. Its a well orchestrated global lie but don't worry. 

The UK will have its very own lockdown again soon. 

Ooooooh I bet you can't wait for that 😁

1 hour ago, Annie Bynnol said:

It is striking that the anti-vaccination Conspiracy Theories has been around for over 150 years and have got absolutely nowhere, except to make the whole process more rigorous and safer.

Do they not go at least back to Jenner's time? I imagine there were those who scoffed, called it an experimental cocktail and pointed to the lack of long term testing and felt that because 70% survived infection with smallpox that vaccination was really only for the gullible.

Guest makapaka
1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

Holland announced further lock down today , The virus is on the rampage through out Europe , Why the UK is pretending its not as serious as it was is a mystery .

It’s not on the rampage mate. 

15 minutes ago, makapaka said:

It’s not on the rampage mate. 

It's on the up - as far as positive cases are concerned, you can't deny that.  I'm not sure we need to lock down though. I hope we don't.  Most sensible people are double jabbed and if you aren't, and you get it and die, erm, tough.

1 minute ago, tinfoilhat said:

It's on the up - as far as positive cases are concerned, you can't deny that.  I'm not sure we need to lock down though. I hope we don't.  Most sensible people are double jabbed and if you aren't, and you get it and die, erm, tough.

Or just have a Lemsip and a nap