Coronavirus - Part Two.

1 minute ago, SheffieldBricky said:

I don't think I claimed that. I said earlier that most people who get covid don't have serious illness so how would we know if it was the vaccine in specific cases that stopped serious illness for them. That's just common sense isn't it? 

Do they not use ventilators then? Do they not die?

Just now, SheffieldBricky said:

I don't think I claimed that. I said earlier that most people who get covid don't have serious illness so how would we know if it was the vaccine in specific cases that stopped serious illness for them. That's just common sense isn't it? 

Well. 

You could compare the proportions of people getting mild/serious illness in the vaccinated and unvaccinated populations. 

That would do it.

That's just common sense, isn't it?

27 minutes ago, SheffieldBricky said:

As far as I know a vaccine gives you a little bit of the illness, modified so it can't make one really ill, then our bodies form antibodies against it, to fight it. Then when the real illness hits it's our bodies just fend it off. This one doesn't do that. It modifies the genes (or somat)

Modern vaccines do not give "...you a little bit of the illness."

Covid vaccines work do not modify genes.

There are plenty of sources which will tell you how different vaccines work. 

27 minutes ago, butlers said:

Dr Tops says..

Some interesting info from Gibralter, 99% of the population fully vaccinated and cases are currently going through the roof

7 day average of new cases 14.

population 34,000.

Perhaps they've gone through the roof of a dog kennel (for a small dog).

8 minutes ago, sibon said:

Well. 

You could compare the proportions of people getting mild/serious illness in the vaccinated and unvaccinated populations. 

That would do it.

That's just common sense, isn't it?

Maybe, but for an accurate number you'd need to know if it was due to the vaccine or not. Is there a test for that? Then you'd have to know the demographics of both groups and health status. Maybe, the unvaxxed are a hardcore group who won't shift, mainly older, more prone to serious symptoms. Where as the vaccinated are younger, because they want freedom more, so their illness wasn't as serious. It's a complicated business and I wish the issue was as simple as you think. But hey, follow me, I'll show you the way.

2 minutes ago, Becky B said:

Vaccine passports are being implemented in certain areas.  You can't go into care homes in Sheffield now without proof of double vaccination...

20% of residents aren't vaxxed so they can't have visitors. Brilliant.

11 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Modern vaccines do not give "...you a little bit of the illness."

Covid vaccines work do not modify genes.

There are plenty of sources which will tell you how different vaccines work. 

Is this one the same as the others? If not what is the difference?

46 minutes ago, top4718 said:

You find how this vaccine works as its not even a vaccine in the traditional sense, most people have no idea whats in it.

Every vaccine I've had in ly life has prevented me catching the illness it was intended for, your first line is a blatant excuse for one that doesn't work.

And you know the science behind traditional vaccines right? Just a few detailed paragraphs will do to explain.

Most people have no idea about how anything medical works, or how their car works, or microwave, or mobile phone, but they use them all the same.

1 minute ago, butlers said:

Go look up vaccinated by age group.

You think your questions haven't occured to professional epidemiologists?

One think I found mildly amusing with the vaccine is that Trump was behind it. He forced it though and made it happen. Then to spite him they delayed the launch until he'd left office, or 'lost' the election. So Biden claimed all the glory. Now it's turning out to be a challenging issue they can't blame Trump. But I bet you a pound to a dog biscuit if it goes seriously wrong they will haul Trump before the courts.