Coronavirus - Part Two.

2 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

Evidence, please.

I can't be bothered. I don't know what evidence you want. I'll just give one undisputable fact. The vaccine doesn't work as well as they said it would. That's it.

1 minute ago, Delayed said:

I agree. Ultimately if you don't want the vaccine, that's fine. I don't care either way.

What I have a problem with is people on this thread (not necessarily yourself) implying that the virus is merely a cold and that most people don't suffer from it. 

I know of a 38yr old that has passed away from it last week. Contracted it, hospitalised in a day by the end of the week no more could be done.

So I won't tolerate the virus being downplayed whether you trust this government or not 

I'm not downplaying it. I have nearly got the vax twice but changed my mind. I'm healthy but not young. I lead a quite life don't really go in pubs and the like so I don't think I'm high risk. If someone is elderly or infirm then I think they should get it. I don't think anyone who is under 50 and healthy should. And I am fundamentally against giving it to anyone under 25, unless ill.

2 minutes ago, SheffieldBricky said:

I can't be bothered. I don't know what evidence you want. I'll just give one undisputable fact. The vaccine doesn't work as well as they said it would. That's it.

Nothing is perfect but the fact remains that deaths are down, hospitalisations are down and the economy has opened back up. 

Just now, Delayed said:

Nothing is perfect but the fact remains that deaths are down, hospitalisations are down and the economy has opened back up. 

It's all going to close down again I think. It's like fixing a leaking flat roof with a poor water proofer. Sooner or later water will get through. Only when we have heard immunity will it be over. That's unless the conspiracy theories are right and it's a bio weapon and the next strain is going to be the bad one.  Alex Jones (now he is a ultimate theorist) has been saying they're harvesting baby organs and selling them for decades. Everyone said he was insane. It turns out it is true. They've been sell body parts from aborted babies. That's why Planned Parenthood is so powerful, they get big donations. Here's some evidence, one place caught red handed. If I told you this last year you would have said I was insane.

University Admits Harvesting Kidneys From Unborn Babies While Their Hearts are Still Beating - LifeNews.com

1 minute ago, SheffieldBricky said:

You've been doing the stream of consciousness thing for much of the day reprising in a vague form a whole bunch of debunked nonsense off conspiracy theory websites. There is good data and we have good vaccines but the infodemic has cost a lot of lives, particularly in the US - think 100 000+ US lives lost unnecessarily over the past six months.

3 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

You've been doing the stream of consciousness thing for much of the day reprising in a vague form a whole bunch of debunked nonsense off conspiracy theory websites. There is good data and we have good vaccines but the infodemic has cost a lot of lives, particularly in the US - think 100 000+ US lives lost unnecessarily over the past six months.

How many died from covid, not with covid?

3 minutes ago, fools said:

Maybe spending an evening watching old episodes of The Day Today or Brass Eye will help your sense of smell.

Just stop reading it all, it just causes mass hysteria.

1 minute ago, Carbuncle said:

Do a search on the thread. Answers have been provided to this conspiracy theory nonsense.

Excess deaths per year is a better gauge I think because a lot of people who are supposed to have died from corona had other serious health conditions so if they got the flu or similar illness may have died as well. I think the excess death rates for this year will be an important statistic but we won't have that for a while. Also have to take into account the number of people who have died because they didn't get treatment because of covid priorities and also additional suicides. I don't think the figure is going to be that much higher than some of the worst years in the past. But we will see.  Although earlier in the year was higher than usual..

• Excess deaths in England and Wales 2021 | Statista

4 minutes ago, SheffieldBricky said:

I'm not downplaying it. I have nearly got the vax twice but changed my mind. I'm healthy but not young. I lead a quite life don't really go in pubs and the like so I don't think I'm high risk. If someone is elderly or infirm then I think they should get it. I don't think anyone who is under 50 and healthy should. And I am fundamentally against giving it to anyone under 25, unless ill.

I don't mean to be offensive but that is very misguided, I know several young people who have been seriously damaged by Covid, one lad 21 years old lost a chance to join the Submarine service because Covid damaged his heart, he had 5 months off work and still isn't well a year later...a friend's son caught it early in the pandemic whilst in Italy, 29/30 yrs old, 6 foot 5 inch University rower...as strong and fit as they come, he spent 10 continuous weeks in bed and again is still not fully recovered.

As to you saying the vaccine doesn't work as well as they said it would...I'm not sure who said that with any degree of knowledge because no-one really knew ...people might guess...but no-one knew for certain.

What I can tell you...through my day job I'm party to the facts figures and updates from the Director of Public Health and other senior health staff at of one of the SY Boroughs, and their opinion is that the vaccine has saved this country from absolute mayhem...the first few weeks after vaccination started deaths and hospitalisations started to fall...as it gathered pace they fell faster until hospital beds became free and we could take excess patients from other areas, despite an upsurge after the total unlocking only 50 people out of nearly 300,000 are currently in hospital, only 15 are serious cases. This is a massive massive success.

If you have loved ones...please, please, get the vaccine as early as you can.

19 minutes ago, SheffieldBricky said:

Excess deaths per year is a better gauge I think because a lot of people who are supposed to have died from corona had other serious health conditions so if they got the flu or similar illness may have died as well. I think the excess death rates for this year will be an important statistic but we won't have that for a while. Also have to take into account the number of people who have died because they didn't get treatment because of covid priorities and also additional suicides. I don't think the figure is going to be that much higher than some of the worst years in the past. But we will see.  Although earlier in the year was higher than usual..

• Excess deaths in England and Wales 2021 | Statista

Ah, good stuff. In fact the excess deaths are available on a weekly basis from the ONS and its brethren in other countries. You can visualise the rising accumulation of excess mortality in 2021 through Our World in Data which does not appear in your quoted reference, statista. Thus far this year it's around 45 000. Making a comparison with the worst years in the past makes no sense due to the long term improvements in health.

Your point about people dying from things other than covid is fair, if unquantified, but also note that we did not have a flu season this year because of measures taken to control covid (according to WHO) so several tens of thousands of flu deaths that normally happen just did not happen this year.

Edited by Carbuncle