Coronavirus - Part Two.

4 minutes ago, melthebell said:

like?

all the countries i see with lower vaccination statuses are now picking up higher cases and deaths.

like Germany, your fellow covid protesters, low vaccination rate, high cases

Germany doesn't have a low vaccination rate and they've had stricter restrictions, mask mandates and vax passes.

51 minutes ago, BigPP said:

top4718. Please explain how no lockdowns would mean more cancer screenings and other treatments.

All my cancer appointments have gone the same as before so I don`t know where tops get his information from. Probably makes it up like all his comments

"Natural immunity is better than the vaccine"

That's likely questionable .

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/s1029-Vaccination-Offers-Higher-Protection.html.

From a press write up..

Currently, there's no known way to test your immunity levels. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration says antibody tests, which can determine whether or not you've had Covid, are unreliable judges of your immunity — because antibodies alone don't fight against Covid. Memory B cells and T cells also play a significant role in helping your immune system fight against infections.

And even if you have lots of natural immunity, getting vaccinated significantly boosts your chances of staying healthy, according to data published last month by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The agency studied more than 7,000 people, and found that unvaccinated people who'd recovered from Covid were five times as likely to catch it again, compared to people who got two doses of an mRNA vaccine from Pfizer or Moderna.

Edited by butlers

54 minutes ago, Kidorry said:

All my cancer appointments have gone the same as before so I don`t know where tops get his information from. Probably makes it up like all his comments

Right- if yours have gone OK then everyone's must have. Can't argue with 'reasoning' like that can we :)

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanonc/article/PIIS1470-2045(21)00148-0/fulltext

"The UK's NHS currently has more than 4·6 million people on waiting lists for surgery and 300 000 people have been on hold for more than 12 months—a wait time that is 100-times higher than before the pandemic. A large proportion of these delays are for patients with cancer, and the Royal College of Surgeons is particularly concerned, stating that it could take several years to clear the backlog. Moreover, UK cancer surgeons are increasingly fearful of a wave of compensation claims from patients unable to receive their treatment during the pandemic and whose cancers have subsequently progressed and become harder to treat. Moreover, lockdown-associated lifestyle habits—eg, unhealthy diets and reduced physical activity—could cause a further increase in the prevalence of obesity-related cancers in the years ahead."

1 hour ago, onewheeldave said:

Right- if yours have gone OK then everyone's must have. Can't argue with 'reasoning' like that can we :)

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanonc/article/PIIS1470-2045(21)00148-0/fulltext

"The UK's NHS currently has more than 4·6 million people on waiting lists for surgery and 300 000 people have been on hold for more than 12 months—a wait time that is 100-times higher than before the pandemic. A large proportion of these delays are for patients with cancer, and the Royal College of Surgeons is particularly concerned, stating that it could take several years to clear the backlog. Moreover, UK cancer surgeons are increasingly fearful of a wave of compensation claims from patients unable to receive their treatment during the pandemic and whose cancers have subsequently progressed and become harder to treat. Moreover, lockdown-associated lifestyle habits—eg, unhealthy diets and reduced physical activity—could cause a further increase in the prevalence of obesity-related cancers in the years ahead."

Isn't it the same line of reasoning whereby some construction sites don't where masks so everyone isn't?

Or that a wander through Rotherham hospital (allegedly) means that all hospitals don't have covid patients on breathing apparatus?

6 hours ago, top4718 said:

There's a lot of logic in this, you can't beat natural immunity and letting the virus rip through people who have the best chance of recovery (people under 75) was obviously (with hindsight) the best approach.

I have no idea how much natural immunity can be achieved and at what cost to any demographic.

I am sure that you don’t know either.

The common cold has been around a  long time .Some people catch one repeatedly and others are more resistant.

There seems little absolute certainty about a virus that is still in its infancy.

The weight of evidence is in my opinion that the vaccine does have great benefits ,including freeing hospital beds and helping those who had anxiety and mental health issues in the first 18 months or so of the pandemic.

3 hours ago, onewheeldave said:

I just gave my experience and not other peoples. And don`t be so clever.

There are plenty of people with serious mental health problems brought on by the thought of compulsory /coercive vaccinations. A lot of this has been created inadvertantly by the various governments handling of the pandemic.

I'm reminded of the heavy handling of the AIDS outbreak in the 1980's. (Remember the tombstones) 

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

There are plenty of people with serious mental health problems brought on by the thought of compulsory /coercive vaccinations. A lot of this has been created inadvertantly by the various governments handling of the pandemic.

I'm reminded of the heavy handling of the AIDS outbreak in the 1980's. (Remember the tombstones) 

Imagine being a young person just starting out and possibly facing the threat of a vaccine that you might not want and being excluded from society, disgraceful, I'm at an age where i'd take restrictions over coercion but for the young it's an awful choice.