Coronavirus - Part Two.

48 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Just heard the PM speaking in the HoC about the new restrictions, (fully backed by Keir Starmer),  which he said is looking like they may be in place for the next 6 months, (yes, SIX MONTHS), & the PM also stated if they don't look as though they are working, further restrictions would be applied. 

The message was clear, pubs, bars & restaurants to shut at 10pm, work from home again, where possible, increased fines for those not complying. 

Well there you have it.  You wanted decisiveness, you got it.  I now await comments that these measures are now draconian & go to far; the government is trying to control the masses, etc?

Yup.

And mandatory for retail staff to wear masks.

About time, too. I'm fed up seeing staff shelf-filling in smaller supermarkets, wandering up and down aisles and thinking masks weren't required.

I see Sturgeon has banned visiting other households, I wonder when Boris will follow her and do the same here. She has also advised people against sharing car journey's with people from other households.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/nicola-sturgeon-bans-household-visits-134724271.html

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/politics/scots-nationwide-ban-visiting-other-houses-unveiled-nicola-sturgeon-2979838

55 minutes ago, Easy livin said:

Next to come.

£100 fine for parking in a spot used by someone else if you have not disinfected to it.

And then smiling in the direction of a pensioner

If people had followed the original guidance properly, we might not be in this mess now.

I  personally don't think the government has gone far enough, off the top of my head.

I'm still seeing lots of people walking into my local convenience store in the area I live not wearing a face covering almost to the point that I've thought have I missed a news article or briefing on tv , but I haven't and it totally frustrates me I agree that its important to keep the economy moving but id like to see the door marshals back with the idea in mind no face covering no entry with maybe the option to purchase one at the entrance to enable entry,

this virus isnt going to go away if people keep with the I'm alright jack attitude really grinds my gears.

3 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Just heard the PM speaking in the HoC about the new restrictions, (fully backed by Keir Starmer),  which he said is looking like they may be in place for the next 6 months, (yes, SIX MONTHS), & the PM also stated if they don't look as though they are working, further restrictions would be applied. 

The message was clear, pubs, bars & restaurants to shut at 10pm, work from home again, where possible, increased fines for those not complying. 

Well there you have it.  You wanted decisiveness, you got it.  I now await comments that these measures are now draconian & go to far; the government is trying to control the masses, etc?

Weve been shutting before 10 and doing table service anyway since we reopened.....everybodys caught up with us now lol