Coronavirus - Part Two.

28 minutes ago, makapaka said:

I did say the other day (and before the omicron stuff) my daughters school was maskless all the school year to date, then they vaccinated the kids, and then 2 weeks later brought in masks again.

couldnt make it up.

I didn't think the mask thing on schools could be enforced, particularly now, isn't it "advised".

On that subject I was very upset to see picture (which I cannot find at the moment) of a primary school pupil in mask on the BBC, those parents shoudl be done for child abuse....

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

Little man on a forum says the rules have zero logic , world renowned scientists say different 

Covid: Europe region faces 700,000 more deaths by March - WHO

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59397182

Unless something extraordinary happens (which is not happening now) this won't happen.

But you apparently think they are correct ? Yes or No ?

After all those scientists are always right arent they ?

Edited by Chekhov

2 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I didn't think the mask thing on schools could be enforced, particularly now, isn't it "advised".

On that subject I was very upset to see picture (which I cannot find at the moment) of a primary school pupil in mask on the BBC, those parents shoudl be done for child abuse....

Oh shut up drama queen

23 minutes ago, makapaka said:

I did say the other day (and before the omicron stuff) my daughters school was maskless all the school year to date, then they vaccinated the kids, and then 2 weeks later brought in masks again.

couldnt make it up.

I think it shows how incompetent and confused British red tape and beaurocracy Is tbh

10 minutes ago, melthebell said:

>>parents forcing primary school kids to wear masks should be done for child abuse<<

Oh shut up drama queen

Have you got any kids at all ?

I have an 8 year old and there is no way on God's earth I would force him to wear a mask, particularly as they make hardly any difference and he is at pretty much zero risk from Covid.

So yes, I suspect the motives of parents forcing their kids to wear masks. If they want to virtue signal (because that's all it is) that's up to them but don't force your young kids.... Parents should be doing your best to reduce any worry their kids may have, like telling them the truth : "kids are at no risk from Covid, so just forget about it".

Edited by Chekhov

13 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Covid: Europe region faces 700,000 more deaths by March - WHO

Unless something extraordinary happens (which is not happening now) this won't happen.

After all those scientists are always right arent they ?

I think they are looking at a worst case scenario. Better than ignoring it and just looking away

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

This is one of the things that really annoys me with all this Covid Cobblers, people who are not as negatively affected by all this ludicrous nonsense (and if it was arguably nonsense before vaccines it certainly is now) telling other people they should happily accept it all or they are "selfish". I tend to find middle class people, often working from home, or retired people on index linked pensions are the ones to be most in favour of this madness, and working people *, esp working class people who have worked pretty much normally right through this who, ironically, are the ones sick to death of this suppression lunacy.

No, these hypocrites should look in the mirror, it is they who are selfish telling other people to ruin their lives.

I agree fully. There are a lot of selfish people on this thread [pro-suppressionists, pro compulsary masking/compulsory vaccines] and it is bizarre that they constantly default to accusing those who disagree with them of being selfish.

29 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Which raises an interesting question about the Left v Right polarisation of attitudes to Covid suppression. I actually think this is such  a big question it could probably do with its own thread but I'll leave that to the moderators.

Please open a thread called "...Left v Right polarisation of attitudes to Covid suppression", and take the other Conspiracy Theorists with you. 

You could all get together and produce an "interesting essay". 

You could all wallow in your "...confused mixture of anti-science irrationalism and individualistic libertarianism".

19 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Have you got any kids at all ?

I have an 8 year old and there is no way on God's earth I would force him to wear a mask, particularly as they make hardly any difference and he is at pretty much zero risk from Covid.

So yes, I suspect the motives of parents forcing their kids to wear masks. If they want to virtue signal (because that's all it is) that's up to them but don't force your young kids.... Parents should be doing your best to reduce any worry their kids may have, like telling them the truth : "kids are at no risk from Covid, so just forget about it".

Yes thanks, 2, although they're young adults now, and yeah they both choose to wear masks in shops etc. But then they care about others, they are both carers and have empathy and morals

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

Found that picture, anyone who does not find that distressing has no heart Let's just remind ourselves, those kids are not at any risk from Covid, as close to zero as, in practical terms, makes no difference) :

_119819898_gettyimages-1227361346.jpg

Edited by Chekhov

58 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

>>Covid: Europe region faces 700,000 more deaths by March - WHO

Unless something extraordinary happens (which is not happening now) this won't happen.

After all those scientists are always right arent they ?<<

I think they are looking at a worst case scenario. Better than ignoring it and just looking away

Ahh, so we're back to the old chestnut, the very basis of the social divide (over Covid) in this country.

You appear to be saying "you can't be too careful".

I'm saying well actually yes you can, because there is a cost (social and economic) to all these suppression measures, and that's without factoring in that they are of dubious effectiveness (particularly "nett" of the damage they cause).

Question ?
If you can't be too careful, why do you ever travel in a car ?

Edited by Chekhov