Coronavirus - Part Two.

10 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

It's not a "Covid is Fake " demo- it's a demo against erosion of civil liberties and the harm done by the lockdown.

If you have confidence in your point of view, misrepresenting the beliefs of the opposition makes it look like you can't back up your views with reason.

The We Do No Consent link that the user sent contains the words “end the fake pandemic.”

Do you stand by what you just wrote?

4 minutes ago, Arnold_Lane said:

The We Do No Consent link that the user sent contains the words “end the fake pandemic.”

Do you stand by what you just wrote?

It's a link to a video?

The rally is titled "we do not consent", it's meant to be a gathering/demo of individuals who are objecting to some of the lockdown measures, as they are an attack on civil liberties, and, causing a great deal of harm which is not being properly taken into account.

It will attract a variety of people, including some who deny the existence of covid- but the majority of attendees will know that covid does exist- they just believe it is not suffuciently serious to justify the harms of the lockdown/mask compulsion etc.

Some may well acknowledge covid exists, but deny that it is a 'pandemic'.

Onewheeldave.

It's not my intention one iota to misrepresent anybody's view.

I have every confidence in my own points of view and my ability to 

present them in a reasoned and thoughtful manner.

It appears that you must have read the Post and formed your own opinion -which you are fully entitled to do.

By extending my alleged misrepresentation to an inability to "back up "my views, is cheap.

As we cannot find the Thread  I'm going to leave it at that.

Just now, onewheeldave said:

It's a link to a video?

The rally is titled "we do not consent", it's meant to be a gathering/demo of individuals who are objecting to some of the lockdown measures, as they are an attack on civil liberties, and, causing a great deal of harm which is not being properly taken into account.

It will attract a variety of people, including some who deny the existence of covid- but the majority of attendees will know that covid does exist- they just believe it is not suffuciently serious to justify the harms of the lockdown/mask compulsion etc.

Some may well acknowledge covid exists, but deny that it is a 'pandemic'.

No, it wasn’t a link to a video.

I think you are underestimating or deliberately ignoring the level of lunacy of We Do Not Consent.

2 minutes ago, Arnold_Lane said:

I think you are underestimating or deliberately ignoring the level of lunacy of We Do Not Consent.

There is a fair amount of 'lunacy' going round in all directions, including some of the current measures that Boris has put in place, so I wouldn't just dismiss the 'We do not consent' brigade. They too have their point of view and some of it makes sense.

Just now, Anna B said:

There is a fair amount of 'lunacy' going round in all directions, including some of the current measures that Boris has put in place, so I wouldn't just dismiss the 'We do not consent' brigade. They too have their point of view and some of it makes sense.

I hope you and Dave have a nice time at the rally.

6 minutes ago, petemcewan said:

Onewheeldave.

It's not my intention one iota to misrepresent anybody's view.

I have every confidence in my own points of view and my ability to 

present them in a reasoned and thoughtful manner.

It appears that you must have read the Post and formed your own opinion -which you are fully entitled to do.

By extending my alleged misrepresentation to an inability to "back up "my views, is cheap.

As we cannot find the Thread  I'm going to leave it at that.

No you're right- I assumed the link in question was that provided by melttheball in the post following yours, and what I said was based on that.

You're saying the link you meant was a different link, so I withdraw my statement that you were misrepresenting, and apologise for my misunderstanding.

1 minute ago, Arnold_Lane said:

I hope you and Dave have a nice time at the rally.

Now that IS misrepresenting me- I've no intention of attending the rally, nor do I agree with all the views of those who will attend, I'm simply against the aspects of the measures that are causing more harm than good, and, those that are damaging legitimate civil liberties.

11 minutes ago, Arnold_Lane said:

Again, I was referring to the link to the rally provided by meltthe ball, I can't comment on the other link unless someone can tell me where it is.