Coronavirus - Part Two.

18 hours ago, RiffRaff said:

Witnessed a row this afternoon, after a customer complained to the sales assistant - small supermarket chain - that he wasn't wearing a mask.

The bloke behind the till stated that he didn't have to, tapping the counter perspex screen between him and the customer. He reckoned that the branch manager had clarified the rule with their head office, and if the customer didn't like it,  "other shops are available".

Right or wrong?

Personally I think he - and his head office - are wrong.

I don't recall anything about screens being an alternative to masks.

I think wrong. The rules have been changed recently and as far as I understood everyone in a shop must wear a mask, unless you have a medical exemption.

12 minutes ago, nightrider said:

I think wrong. The rules have been changed recently and as far as I understood everyone in a shop must wear a mask, unless you have a medical exemption.

that is true, although saw a shopkeeper sat behind his till with a mask dangling down from his ear the other day in whitby, cant remember if there was perspex

1 hour ago, Tony said:

@Pettytom this forum really needs a "like" button, it would save a lot of bandwidth and allow discussions like this to flow much more positively without daft point scoring. Please consider one pressed in your direction anyway. :)

I'd say a discussion for a new thread but I'd also say people don't post on here to be 'liked' or not.  It's not Facebook, all adults, (most of the time), on here & not needing affirmation from others. 

So, who has downloaded the NHS Covid app?

I did so a few days ago. So far, it’s not caused any battery issues. I guess that Dom C.  is fascinated by my trip to Home Bargains yesterday, but other than that I don’t feel as though my privacy is compromised 

1 hour ago, nightrider said:

You're still lagging a bit int'UK, we've had that rule on the Continent for months.

We're now at the stage of FPNs for masks dangling from a rear view mirror. 

If you haven't got that particular rule yet, call it a preview :)

1 hour ago, Pettytom said:

So, who has downloaded the NHS Covid app?

I did so a few days ago. So far, it’s not caused any battery issues. I guess that Dom C.  is fascinated by my trip to Home Bargains yesterday, but other than that I don’t feel as though my privacy is compromised 

Dom C would not be able to access such data. Seems a bit buggy still - already I got one of these:

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-some-users-of-nhs-tracing-app-incorrectly-given-covid-19-exposure-alerts-12086225

Been reading about 'Long Covid' being suffered by a lot of doctors and medical staff. 

After recovering from original covid they are being brought down by a follow on illness which can last for months or longer and is even more debilitating. Thought to be an auto-immune desease, it involves symptoms of joint pain, headaches, allergies, brain fog and loss of concentration among other things, along with  an all encompassing long term fatigue which can leave them bedbound for days weeks and months at atime. Several of these have been previously very fit individuals who have had to give up work because of it.

I was struck by how much it sounds like ME and MS, which can also follow viral infections combined with chronic stress for which there is no definitive diagnosis and no real cure. I wonder if there is a link which needs to be investigated.

Either way, it could be a very distressing, long term consequence of Covid which was not anticipated. 

Very worrying. 

Jeremy Corbin breaking the rule of six at a dinner party, Boris’ dad not wearing a mask in a shop and now an SNP member travelling from Scotland to London with Covid symptoms and, after a positive test, doing the return journey. Yet they wonder why ordinary Joe is not following regulations. A case of one rule for them........ or have they all got Cummingitis

Most ordinary Joe's are following rules.

What in earth was she thinking, can only assume she does not have a second home down there but there had to be a better answer than jumping on train for return trip

Might well cost her her career