Coronavirus - Part Two.

24 minutes ago, melthebell said:

you missed the bit about shop staff further down (linked to another page)

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19/shops-and-branches

so you dont, but can get into bother if the screen aint the best (thing is how do you know it mitigates risk?)

Apologies - yes, you're quite right. I had missed it.

So the assistant when he/she is behind the screen is fine, but not if they're down an aisle filling shelves.

Someone should tell certain Poundstretcher and McColls staff!

2 minutes ago, RiffRaff said:

Apologies - yes, you're quite right. I had missed it.

So the assistant when he/she is behind the screen is fine, but not if they're down an aisle filling shelves.

Someone should tell certain Poundstretcher and McColls staff!

I think the government were only thinking of places like Harrods and Fortnum & Mason - that's if they ever do the shopping themselves.

All well and good the emphasis on face mask wearing but over the last few weeks Ive noticed in shops and pubs people are walking straight past the hand sanitisers provided and also ignoring  the routes and spacing markers,  P.S, Im not perfect Ive been guilty of the errors Ive mentioned but immediately realising, corrected my mistakes,  Quote from Hill Street Blues, " Hey !  Lets be careful out there".  :suspect:  

Edited by PRESLEY

7 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

All well and good the emphasis on face mask wearing but over the last few weeks Ive noticed in shops and pubs people are walking straight past the hand sanitisers provided and also ignoring  the routes and spacing markers,  P.S, Im not perfect Ive been guilty of the errors Ive mentioned but immediately realising, corrected my mistakes,  Quote from Hill Street Blues, " Hey !  Lets be careful out there".  :suspect:  

EVERYBODY homes in on our sanitizer, everybody likes a freebie

So we have another MP, the SNP's, Margaret Ferrier, who has tested positive for COVID-19, travelled a 500+ mile round trip, mainly by train to make a 4 mins speech in tbe HoC, when she should have been self-isolating?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-54383281

Now having been caught & suffering a social media telling off from Nicola Sturgeon, Ferrier, who should have known not only the rules of self-isolation on testing positive but also should not have in travelled at all as the greater Glasgow area is subject to a local lockdown, has apparently done the 'right' thing & referred herself to the police & HoC Standards Committee.  So no doubt like other MP's & high profile individuals, she'll somehow believe this will be the end of the matter. 

Well I reckon she'll be fired by the end of the day?  And hopefully receive the required fine or it just sends out the wrong message.  The rail unions aren't happy, as they reckon she's put their staff at risk & the train company are now trying to trace any other passengers who may have been close contact with her.

One of the more ironic parts to this whole story that I've seen this morning, is that Ferrier's tweets have resurfaced from a few months ago, where she is laying into Dominic Cummings for breaking COVID-19 rules at the time, stating that the rules are clear, he should be setting example, etc, etc. 

You couldn't make it up. 

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

So we have another MP, the SNP's, Margaret Ferrier, who has tested positive for COVID-19, travelled a 500+ mile round trip, mainly by train to make a 4 mins speech in tbe HoC, when she should have been self-isolating?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-54383281

Now having been caught & suffering a social media telling off from Nicola Sturgeon, Ferrier, who should have known not only the rules of self-isolation on testing positive but also should not have in travelled at all as the greater Glasgow area is subject to a local lockdown, has apparently done the 'right' thing & referred herself to the police & HoC Standards Committee.  So no doubt like other MP's & high profile individuals, she'll somehow believe this will be the end of the matter. 

Well I reckon she'll be fired by the end of the day?  And hopefully receive the required fine or it just sends out the wrong message.  The rail unions aren't happy, as they reckon she's put their staff at risk & the train company are now trying to trace any other passengers who may have been close contact with her.

One of the more ironic parts to this whole story that I've seen this morning, is that Ferrier's tweets have resurfaced from a few months ago, where she is laying into Dominic Cummings for breaking COVID-19 rules at the time, stating that the rules are clear, he should be setting example, etc, etc. 

You couldn't make it up. 

You can't fire an MP. She's had the whip withdrawn but she can't be fired she can only resign. See Jared O'Mara for details!

8 minutes ago, West 77 said:

There is nothing surprising about the SNP's  lady's behaviour when she played the political point scoring game like all SNP MP's do when she criticised Cummings. Nicola Sturgeon is playing the point scoring political game by saying she should resign as an MP. Unless the MP is sent to prison for a year then she shouldn't resign.

Cummings should have resigned for causing grievous damage to the lockdown regulations.

Ferrier should resign for potentially infecting the commons and two trainloads of people. Her behaviour is totally unacceptable