Coronavirus - Part Two.

11 hours ago, petemcewan said:

What on earth is going on here. ? I  thought it worked. 

Dosage and timing are crucial when administering drugs.

How can they have got it wrong?

Back to the drawing board I suppose.

https://www.livescience.com/remdesivir-survival-covid19-coronavirus.html

That's sort of what 'trials' are for. 

Developing and analysing whether something might work.   Testing and checking to see if something does work.  Then following up and checking again to see if it is still working and works for all.

Covid is a previously unknown disease.  There is going to be lots more of these trials and failures until any sufficient treatment is found.   

The USA might have bigged up this treatment has some miracle cure to make themselves look good and stroke their ego but that was far from the truth. It was still in clinical trial stage even after being rolled out to numbers of patients.  

Edited by ECCOnoob

44 minutes ago, enntee said:

It is highly likely. Hancock stated that talks are ongoing with leaders regarding South Yorks, West Yorks, Notts and others moving into Tier 3.

Had a call from one of the local care homes this morning, confirming that all visits are forbidden from today. Up until now, we were able to visit once a week for half an hour, but apparently 'Government advice' has suggested that this should stop - perhaps pre-empting Tier 3?

45 minutes ago, RiffRaff said:

Had a call from one of the local care homes this morning, confirming that all visits are forbidden from today. Up until now, we were able to visit once a week for half an hour, but apparently 'Government advice' has suggested that this should stop - perhaps pre-empting Tier 3?

Hospital visiting has been suspended from today too.

On 15/10/2020 at 21:32, redruby said:

It has happened to me many times 🙄 I had an oldish couple stop and turn to face a hedge in a gennel when I went past (it was not even a narrow gennel), an old lady on a river footpath in Derbyshire informed us that we were to pass ‘back to back’ and a woman with a pram stormed in a huff into the road because we didn’t do so before we were anywhere near close!! I understand some people find seeing people in masks distressing but I get far more bothered by this especially as it is so unnecessary.  

It's happened to me too. Doesn't it make you feel awful? But they would probably argue that they/you are keeping safe, just like the mask wearers do. However it's all part of the damage this blasted pandemic is doing, it's not just about the deaths, sad as they are, if it goes on indefinitely will we ever be able to get back to normal? Trust, once lost, is harder to regain.

Sorry, above reposted by mistake. 

I hope people realise that if we go back into lockdown, it's very unlikely to be for the heralded 2 weeks. It will probably be until Christmas, and could be for the whole winter. That will be far worse than last lockdown when we could at least go in the garden or for a walk in the sunshine. And there will be all the usual winter illnesses on top of covid that go untreated.

Edited by Anna B

2 hours ago, Anna B said:

I hope people realise that if we go back into lockdown, it's very unlikely to be for the heralded 2 weeks. It will probably be until Christmas, and could be for the whole winter. That will be far worse than last lockdown when we could at least go in the garden or for a walk in the sunshine. And there will be all the usual winter illnesses on top of covid that go untreated.

There's no end to it Anna, soon as they relax restrictions the infection rate shoots up,

Chuffin sick of it.