Coronavirus - Part Two.

36 minutes ago, Becky B said:

Then if the music's playing the vaccine has run out? 😆.

Now I've got your image of a tank coming up the street (and everyone losing their cars in the process) followed by an ice cream van!

Can I add to the ideas flow?  Snipers with dart guns loaded with vaccine (in the manner of tranquiliser guns)?

I like it, @Becky B🤣

Students to be tested before Xmas home leave,  news reporter just said,  thats if all come forward,  easy peasy,  give them all a chitty,  so as they go through the test testing process the Chitty is stamped by the tester then hand in to Uni admin, otherwise no test chitty stamped no home leave. :roll:

3 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Students to be tested before Xmas home leave,  news reporter just said,  thats if all come forward,  easy peasy,  give them all a chitty,  so as they go through the test testing process the Chitty is stamped by the tester then hand in to Uni admin, otherwise no test chitty stamped no home leave. :roll:

They are students, not prisoners😀

Just now, Pettytom said:

OK ! just let them do what they want,  you probably havn't noticed yet so I'll be the first to tell you but we are in the middle of a Pandemic which  causes changes and hardships  and people have to make sacrifices,  have you  ever tried getting a teenager a teenager out of bed in a morning,  kids have to be made to do stuff or else they wouldn't do it,  I would like to take my wife out for a meal but we can't, are we prisoners, no we are in Lockdown thats the way it is,  ensuring someone  takes a test to keep other people safe is not treating them like a Prisoner, get a grip.  :loopy:

32 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

As we do not live in a dictatorship, people do have choices.  There are plenty of people who do not agree with the lockdown, but follow the rules.  There are also those that don't, as we have seen.

As far a vaccine is concerned, there will be those who rush forward to get a jab, others that are undecided, and some very much against it.  If I understand it correctly and the vaccine offers 90% immunity from Covid, if most people get vaccinated, then those who don't are still succeptable, but can't transmit it to those vaccinated.  Therefore, life can resume, and Covid cases will plummet, and eventually disappear.

23 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

OK ! just let them do what they want,  you probably havn't noticed yet so I'll be the first to tell you but we are in the middle of a Pandemic which  causes changes and hardships  and people have to make sacrifices,  have you  ever tried getting a teenager a teenager out of bed in a morning,  kids have to be made to do stuff or else they wouldn't do it,  I would like to take my wife out for a meal but we can't, are we prisoners, no we are in Lockdown thats the way it is,  ensuring someone  takes a test to keep other people safe is not treating them like a Prisoner, get a grip.  :loopy:

Just like every other adult, they have free will. It’s fine to encourage them to get tested, but if they choose not to, then that’s that really.

Did you really envisage locking students up if they don’t get tested?

17 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

And they are adults but many seem incapable of abiding by the adult rules. 

I don’t think that students disproportionately disobey the rules. It is mostly middle aged men with attitude problems who refuse to wear masks and social distance.

I feel massively sorry for our current university students. They are getting a very poor deal.

51 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Do you have police or army outside your door checking if your outing is essential?

Maybe you could post on here before going out, and we can judge whether its allowable.