Coronavirus - Part Two.

13 minutes ago, West 77 said:

A good post. The positive news about the vaccines is a game changer. 

Cheers,  Yes it really is positive news and game changer, it would even better if the people on the prioty list could get their jabs before Xmas, using the existing test centres is an exellent idea to get the vaccine circulated quicker.

3 hours ago, El Cid said:

How about there being a difference between London and a small village in Sheffield?

It only takes one person to transmit it given the right (wrong, but you see what I mean) circumstances.

Makes no odds whether he's standing in Gloucester Road tube station or rambling through the Hope Valley.

Has there been a second lockdown then? I thought it had been cancelled. When this was due to start I thought things would be the same as the first lockdown so I stayed in for the first week. I then decided to go and get some grub,I was amazed. There were cars and people every ware.I decided to avoid the traffic and go to Fox Valley.The car park was packed as were the shops. Most of them appeared to be open including those I didn't  think were allowed to  open,I gave it up as a bad job.It came as no surprise that the death toll has since continued to rise.The governments answer, lets have five days of doing anything,mixing and going anywhere over xmas. Start a third wave and force another lockdown.The mind boggles at such gross incompetence and total lack of consideration for NHS workers.

1 hour ago, RiffRaff said:

It only takes one person to transmit it given the right (wrong, but you see what I mean) circumstances.

Makes no odds whether he's standing in Gloucester Road tube station or rambling through the Hope Valley.

Well England, Scotland and Wales have all had different rules, at different times.

There are roughly 3,000,000 newly self-employed that have not been elidgable for furlough, they could end up homeless.

We should be living in a free country were people can choose to work or not. We seem to be entering into a dictatorship, with another pay freeze and needing permission to meet family members at a special time.

People voted for Boris to get Brexit done, not for this country to led by Boris the dictator.

4 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Just cancel Xmas,  Sherriff of Nottingham (Alan Rickman)  did in Prince of Thieves.  :hihi:

No need to cancel Christmas. Even if you're on your own you can still enjoy the day. Break out the Baileys (or tipple of your choice,) get some nice food in that you enjoy and a few treats, settle back in front of the fire, warm and snug, watch what you want on the telly, and count your blessings. Plenty of people would love a Christmas like that.

Edited by Anna B

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

No need to cancel Christmas. Even if you're on your own you can still enjoy the day. Break out the Baileys (or tipple of your choice,) get some nice food in that you enjoy and a few treats, settle back in front of the fire, warm and snug, watch what you want on the telly, and count your blessings. Plenty of people would love a Christmas like that.

Agree entirely.  Just one day, although there's two of us. 

I'd rather that, than a full Xmas dinner & wondering who might not be around by Easter? 

2 hours ago, Anna B said:

2 hours ago, Anna B said:

Sorry Anna, I was kidding around at the Sherriff of Nottingham ref,  I was thinking on the lines of the group risk,  in these times  your post describes a perfect ideal Xmas.  Go steady on the Baileys tho.  :hihi:

3 hours ago, El Cid said:

Well England, Scotland and Wales have all had different rules, at different times.

There are roughly 3,000,000 newly self-employed that have not been elidgable for furlough, they could end up homeless.

We should be living in a free country were people can choose to work or not. We seem to be entering into a dictatorship, with another pay freeze and needing permission to meet family members at a special time.

People voted for Boris to get Brexit done, not for this country to led by Boris the dictator.

Different countries. different rules, different times, same virus.

Employee, self-employed, unemployed, same virus.

Dictatorship?

Nay.

You don't need permission to meet family members at a special time. It's up to you whether you want to risk it. That's your decison, not Johnson's.

You either take the advice/guidance, or don't.

3 hours ago, RiffRaff said:

Different countries. different rules, different times, same virus.

Employee, self-employed, unemployed, same virus.

Dictatorship?

Nay.

You don't need permission to meet family members at a special time. It's up to you whether you want to risk it. That's your decison, not Johnson's.

You either take the advice/guidance, or don't.

That’s true but I think the relaxation of the rules is raising other issues. I know of a few ‘vulnerable’ people who are being coerced into attending gatherings because of government endorsement