Coronavirus - Part Two.

11 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Did anyone see Matt Hancock pretend to cry this morning on Good Morning Britain when talking about the roll out of the vaccine?

Let's just say he won't be winning a BAFTA or an Oscar

:hihi:

It was absolutely pathetic.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/video/2020/dec/08/matt-hancock-brought-to-tears-on-tv-as-first-covid-vaccinations-begin-video

On 05/12/2020 at 08:12, Baron99 said:

Here's a question I've not seen answered & I can't find any information from the Internet?

When I had my flu jab back in September, it's an acknowledged fact that I wouldn't be fully inoculated until around 3 weeks later. 

If I have the Pfizer jab, a first dose, followed by a second dose 21 days later, by what heard / read, when am I considered inoculated to the point that I've got less chance of catching a serious dose of COVID-19? 

Would it be around 3 or so weeks after the second jab, therefore, meaning I'm still vulnerable for an overall period of approximately 6 weeks from the first jab? 

Anyone have any answers / explanation? 

I asked the above question on last Saturday morning & thanks to Matt Hancock speaking on the BBC this morning, I now know the answer. 

The time to be (hopefully) fully inoculated, 28 days.  Therefore, anyone given ther first jab today, should be ok by 6th January 2021.

2 hours ago, Baron99 said:

I asked the above question on last Saturday morning & thanks to Matt Hancock speaking on the BBC this morning, I now know the answer. 

The time to be (hopefully) fully inoculated, 28 days.  Therefore, anyone given ther first jab today, should be ok by 6th January 2021.

It can take 10 to 14 days for the flu vaccine to work, probably similar for COVID

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/flu-influenza-vaccine/?utm_source=nhsuk&utm_medium=paid_social&utm_content=Google&gclid=Cj0KCQiA5bz-BRD-ARIsABjT4nhs3LPgxu5Oi_xHPPXxo1IsphADDqsBJJKwxOxgwluQCdjGEP2V6wUaAoYLEALw_wcB

Now we’ve started vaccination the debate has started about whether the plastic re vaccination appointment card should be used as a ‘passport’ to kick start the leisure and hospitality business. Given that old farts like me, probably frequenting these venues less often and for shorter periods or even not using them at all, will be the only ones vaccinated this side of the summer I don’t think   these sectors can rely on us to reinstate their fortunes. 

54 minutes ago, catmiss said:

Now we’ve started vaccination the debate has started about whether the plastic re vaccination appointment card should be used as a ‘passport’ to kick start the leisure and hospitality business. Given that old farts like me, probably frequenting these venues less often and for shorter periods or even not using them at all, will be the only ones vaccinated this side of the summer I don’t think   these sectors can rely on us to reinstate their fortunes. 

Interesting. 

So this debate sees leisure and hospitality only allowing those with this re-vaccination appointment card as having access to their premises.  Given that the first in line are meant to be mainly the over 80's, I can see them having great fun in the gyms and nightclubs, while the rest of us wait outside, longing to be old enough to gain admission.  Similar to me as a young lad, longing to be (or look) old enough to go into the pub at night or buy drink at the off-licence.

I wonder if my acting skills, comedy latex mask, a grey wig and a fake re-vaccination card could get me into the pub....?

You’d have to turn up for the ‘2 for £10’ with free drink before 5pm midweek meal, moan about how uncomfortable the chairs are/ the draught, stay 2 hours max (leaving before it gets too noisy/lively) comment on how you didn’t behave like that when you were young (even though you did) between paying several visits to the loo. Good luck with the acting😀

Edited by catmiss
Addition

8 hours ago, catmiss said:

A few colleagues of mine had theirs yesterday, because they’re  patient facing and over 50.

Edited by nikki-red