Coronavirus - Part Two.

22 minutes ago, makapaka said:

If there’s been no compulsory mask wearing throughout this -  and cases continue to drop - and some reports suggest there have been no reported deaths in hospitals yesterday for the first time - why is everyone panicking about wearing a mask now.

Because since lockdown  ended more people are out and about in places where the virus can more easily be transmitted?

Edited by Longcol

Guest makapaka
3 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Because since lockdown  ended more people are out and about in places where the virus can more easily be transmitted?

Yeah - so wear em in those places that they’ve already stated. 

we’ve had shops open for weeks with no increase in cases.

what other places are of concern? 

I don't get why people who can wear face coverings have a problem with it. I have been wearing one for months in shops and other inside places, I do feel it is doing the right thing to help protect myself and people around me. I even wear one outside in busy areas where social distancing might be a little bit of a problem for some people ;). I don't feel properly dressed without it. I will continue to wear it till the risk of catching Covid becomes zero. I would urge others to do the same for the same reasons. In this day and age you cannot afford to be stubborn, selfish and complacent.

20 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Yeah - so wear em in those places that they’ve already stated. 

we’ve had shops open for weeks with no increase in cases.

what other places are of concern? 

You've heard of pubs I assume? And all the other indoor places that are just re-opening / just about to re-open.

R rate is on the increase again

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/coronavirus-r-rate-england-july-10_uk_5f085e4ac5b63a72c3407172?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAH-O2mZidjvOw7shrX4dS04yxGkd9L8hxHe6f3OxpO96vz1QEp0kzTfypns6BsqLs4UG6ZkB5GyHKTAW8M933V6dFqlqwyb_Jr7VfDeekDLqe0qkUViYlyWYVBjfT11ASkvp2EngKf7fsDm2Wk0GWm4evLIYxqGVKB3AtQM7MTXL

Risk of more local lockdowns?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/11/revealed-20-areas-at-most-risk-of-local-lockdowns

Guest makapaka
11 minutes ago, Longcol said:

I can’t be bothered explaining - If you want to live your life based on the huffington post and the guardian you crack on.

18 minutes ago, makapaka said:

I can’t be bothered explaining - If you want to live your life based on the huffington post and the guardian you crack on.

I can’t be bothered to argue with people like you. If you want to ignore the scientific advice, then crack on. Just don’t be surprised when it costs you a few grand in fines.

How about just taking a breath and thinking about ways that YOU can contribute to ending this emergency. 

Distancing, wearing a face covering, staying in a bit more, all drive the problem down.  Maybe not massively, but it all helps.

Whilst fools like you continue to be contrarian, the rest of us have our liberty curtailed.  I’m fed up of people like you affecting my life.

Seriously, have a good long think. And a look in the mirror.

Guest makapaka
15 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Well just try it for once then.

What’s the point - read it in the papers  - tells you what it’s all about - yeah. 

Just now, makapaka said:

What’s the point - read it in the papers  - tells you what it’s all about - yeah. 

But, as you are clearly blessed with a vision that the rest of us lack, surely you could take a few minutes to share your insight.

Guest makapaka
6 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

I can’t be bothered to argue with people like you. If you want to ignore the scientific advice, then crack on. Just don’t be surprised when it costs you a few grand in fines.

How about just taking a breath and thinking about ways that YOU can contribute to ending this emergency. 

Distancing, wearing a face covering, staying in a bit more, all drive the problem down.  Maybe not massively, but it all helps.

Whilst fools like you continue to be contrarian, the rest of us have our liberty curtailed.  I’m fed up of people like you affecting my life.

Seriously, have a good long think. And a look in the mirror.

What rubbish.  what scientific advice am i ignoring?

I practice social distancing constantly. 

i haven’t been told I have to stay in my house any more so I go out when i want to go out.

i went to the hallamshire to get my father in laws blood thinners last week and wore a mask whilst I was in the hospital because they are the rules.

so now there’s some speculation as to whether mandatory face masks are required and I don’t agree you call me a fool?

grow up.

Edited by makapaka