Coronavirus - Part Two.

6 minutes ago, lindylou53 said:

You are supposed to wait for a letter but some people who think they are special enough to jump the queue book theirs on the website which doesn't check whereabouts you are on the waiting list.

She’s not special, just worried as she’s unwell with some serious problems. 

18 minutes ago, gluedtopc said:

She’s not special, just worried as she’s unwell with some serious problems. 

I didn't mean to suggest in any way that you were jumping the queue but i do know of people who have found this loophole and are abusing the system. I hope you get your appointment soon.

2 hours ago, gluedtopc said:

The info on the Norwood website is a bit confusing. Did the person who went to Wincobank get a letter or a text?  Sorry to be a pain. Many thanks. 

I am registered at Pitsmoor surgery, I got a letter before Christmas saying I would be getting an appointment shortly, I received a text early January to make an appointment for my vaccination at Wincobank which I had on the 8th January, hope this helps.

11 hours ago, gluedtopc said:

My wife is classed as extremely vulnerable. She got a text from the Government 3 or 4 weeks ago saying she would be getting an appointment for a jab. We live in Shirecliffe and her GP is Norwood Medical centre and she hasn’t got a date yet for it. Norwood MC isn’t doing jabs according to their literature on the Web so she’ll be going to a nearby hub. Does anyone know if anyone round this area who is a patient at Norwood MC and has had a jab or got an appointment , it’s getting a bit nearer to Feb 15th and she thinks missed the boat. Thanks. 

I was in the same position but got a letter on Saturday, I went on the website and have an appointment for Wednesday morning at the Arena and second jab appointment for end of April. The letter did say I could wait for GP contact if I preferred but I’d rather be vaccinated ASAP. Hope your wife is contacted soon

Various organisations have raised concerns about the Oxford-AstraZeneca jab's effectiveness against the South Africa variant, South Africa has paused its rollout, it said that this varient could widespread throughout the UK.

An early study suggests the jab offers "minimal protection" against mild disease from the South Africa variant.; but yet we are not being informed whether minimal is 1% or 20%

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55976037

11 hours ago, catmiss said:

I was in the same position but got a letter on Saturday, I went on the website and have an appointment for Wednesday morning at the Arena and second jab appointment for end of April. The letter did say I could wait for GP contact if I preferred but I’d rather be vaccinated ASAP. Hope your wife is contacted soon

Thanks for that.