Coronavirus - Part Two.

39 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Maybe those who got it at over 65 with no underlying conditions were like the Chesterfield FC footballers - in the right place at the right time when the clock was running down and it was a case of "find someone to jab or throw it away".

No doubt we'll here from the Government when it thinks we've vaccinated all in the top 4 categories who want it - then hopefully (as they promised) they will tell us they are easing the lockdown.

I can confirm that the over-65 with no underlying health problems Mrs.RR had her first Pfizer jab last Tuesday, and doesn't play for Chesterfield FC.

That said, she may be better than most of their current squad....

2 hours ago, Rollypolly said:

I've just had mine today. I'm 70 this year. I had the Astra Zenica one.

It would be interesting to know how many have side effects from the Oxford/AZ vaccine, I was in bed for 30 hours and I know a few others that were, ok for 6 hours then you get cold.

1 hour ago, El Cid said:

It would be interesting to know how many have side effects from the Oxford/AZ vaccine, I was in bed for 30 hours and I know a few others that were, ok for 6 hours then you get cold.

I had the A/Z vaccine.The next day I was talking to a neighbour and suddenly my mind went a total blank.

A couple of hours later I started to shiver internally just like a bad attack of flu.

Went to bed and slept  for a couple of hours or so then back to normal.

Something I've not heard any statistics about are those those who, when tested, have been found to have had the virus, developed antibodies and beaten it without knowing anything about it.  How many, and what percentage of those tested, by age-group.  I would suspect that the younger you are, the more likely this is to be the case.

I did hear/read somewhere about many students who fell into this category, but can't remember where, but no percentages were given. It makes me wonder how many of us fall into this category.

A question then forms in my mind if this cohort of people need vaccinating (already having naturally built up the antibodies), and also if giving them the vaccine may even be harmful to the immunity their bodies have already built up?

2 hours ago, davyboy said:

I had the A/Z vaccine.The next day I was talking to a neighbour and suddenly my mind went a total blank.

A couple of hours later I started to shiver internally just like a bad attack of flu.

Went to bed and slept  for a couple of hours or so then back to normal.

I have read that the worse your reaction, means that you already have anti-bodies and it fights the vaccine, meaning that you have already had COVID. How bad that reaction would be, I dont know, if true.

53 minutes ago, El Cid said:

I have read that the worse your reaction, means that you already have anti-bodies and it fights the vaccine, meaning that you have already had COVID. How bad that reaction would be, I dont know, if true.

That may partly answer a question I put in a post - you say you read that somewhere - you couldn't put your hands on where could you ?- I'd be interested in reading it if you could.

37 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

That may partly answer a question I put in a post - you say you read that somewhere - you couldn't put your hands on where could you ?- I'd be interested in reading it if you could.

It was actually a friend that read it, I Googled, cannot find anything.

18 hours ago, Rollypolly said:

I've just had mine today. I'm 70 this year. I had the Astra Zenica one.

Thanks. The letter arrived yesterday and it’s now booked for Saturday at the arena. Knew Borris wouldn’t let us down !!  Thanks for everyone’s replies.