Coronavirus - Part Two.

18 minutes ago, butlers said:

Thing is you could not really imagine May or  Cameron saying such a thing but Boris you could.

I assume the source for the quote is Cummings.

It's not a quote at all. It's a bit like Vera down the road saying a friend of hers heard a friend saying Boris said it so it must be true, too many gullible people on here me thinks that like to think it is....

10 minutes ago, apelike said:

It's not a quote at all. It's a bit like Vera down the road saying a friend of hers heard a friend saying Boris said it so it must be true, too many gullible people on here me thinks that like to think it is....

Just like Boris Johnson didn't call black people 'flag waving picaninnies with water melon smiles' or gay people 'tank topped bum boys'....I could go on. Boris Johnson has a history of saying things that are totally unacceptable, and in full knowledge of this people voted for him. And defend him by attacking his detractors as 'snowflakes'. 

Anyway, the Daily Mail, which is hardly left wing, is quoting Johnson as saying it. So you can't even complain that it's all 'left wing stirring'.

Guest sibon
6 hours ago, apelike said:

It is presented as a quote on the front page of The Daily Mail. 

If it isn’t true, I’m sure that we can all look forward to Johnson launching legal action later today.

The link to the online mail story is here :

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9510133/Boris-Johnson-said-bodies-pile-high-order-lockdown-sources-claim.html

What's interesting (well, to me anyway 😛) is looking at the comments section. Normally, the comments section is chock full of people who would support Boris no matter what he'd done. Whilst there is still a number of them, for a change there is also quite a large contingent critical of him. Very rare to see that in the mail.

12 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

Interesting that you assume the only way for someone to stand up for themselves is by looking physically scary.

"I personally have had zero 'grief' in enclosed spaces when not wearing a mask- I suspect that is because anyone attempting to give me grief would get plenty back, and it probably shows."

I don't.  But what did you mean by "grief" then?

22 minutes ago, Arnold_Lane said:

"I personally have had zero 'grief' in enclosed spaces when not wearing a mask- I suspect that is because anyone attempting to give me grief would get plenty back, and it probably shows."

I don't.  But what did you mean by "grief" then?

They read all their posts from here out loud?

11 hours ago, Mister M said:

Anyway, the Daily Mail, which is hardly left wing, is quoting Johnson as saying it. So you can't even complain that it's all 'left wing stirring'.

The Daily Mail have reported a quote that was allegedly overheard by someone and that is all and Johnson has denied it, and no matter what spin the news rags put on it it does not make it true but the gullible are prepared to accept that it is factual and true.

5 hours ago, sibon said:

If it isn’t true, I’m sure that we can all look forward to Johnson launching legal action later today.

Why when its just hearsay and gossip reported from several sources, notice the bit in the Mail that states "sources claim". All this is is another bit of supposed news just to sell a rag.

Edited by apelike