Coronavirus - Part Two.

2 minutes ago, nightrider said:

still won't work - have seen people talking about how they can fly to Portugal and then drive over the border into Spain to get round a ban on travel to Spain etc.

They reckon 270k flying to Amber counties by the end of the week. Where they go then, who knows.

But that's summer ****ed I think.

I suppose it doesnt help when you have travel companies seemingly refusing to cancel lholidays to amber destinations so people who may have already had to rearrange trips two, three, maybe four times are compelled to have to go. I agree it should be either a Yes or a No, and not this wishy-washy amber "maybe" we now have.

Edited by HeHasRisen

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

I suppose it doesnt help when you have travel companies seemingly refusing to cancel lholidays to amber destinations so people who may have already had to rearrange trips two, three, maybe four times are compelled to have to go. I agree it should be either a Yes or a No, and not this wishy-washy amber "maybe" we now have.

Yeah, this is a fair point. If you've forked out all that money (and booked when the government said you could) and they won't let you cancel - and I'd had a jab, I'd go.

Some are allowing cancellations of Amber lists, others not. You don't know this when you're booking!

Guest makapaka

Really wish people would just stop moaning about not going abroad. 

Edited by makapaka

7 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Really wish people would just stop moaning about not going abroad. 

If anyone is booking holidays NOW then I have no sympathy but lets say you had booked a 2 week trip to the Canaries way back in Feb 2020, you leave this weekend, the company won't cancel it and the insurers wont pay you out either. How many people would be happy to write a few grand off?

Edited by HeHasRisen

4 hours ago, GabrielC said:

I can see more variants been brought into the country it's all well and good saying vaccines can do this or that but we can not be sure it's going to work every time against new variants. 

From what I have read in the past new variants will naturally spring up quicker because of the vast population we have in the world. They may be more contagious but it is thought that they generally do less harm and we may actually end up with some in the future that are no worse that just having a cold. BTW they may not necessarily have been brought into the country as its natural for variants to occur anywhere.

Edited by apelike

Guest makapaka
39 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

If anyone is booking holidays NOW then I have no sympathy but lets say you had booked a 2 week trip to the Canaries way back in Feb 2020, you leave this weekend, the company won't cancel it and the insurers wont pay you out either. How many people would be happy to write a few grand off?

No I agree -  I was referring to people in the former circumstance rather than the latter.