Coronavirus - Part Two.

8 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Just for completeness, I believe  the cost a  domestic public inquiry will be a huge amount of taxpayer's money which could be put to better use.

Such as given to friends/donors of the Tory party in return for 'services'

Ho ho ho.

The most Prestigious position outside the US President.

Not many laughs to be had in this thread.

What we do know for certain is another pandemic will come so a deep look at the multiple failures need to be made.

Look at how the east Asian countries who had MERS and SARS ,reacted and were bewildered by our inaction from the start.

Edited by butlers

2 hours ago, Fudbeer said:

Exactly Boris supported him when he needed it most and this is how he repays him.Regardless of anything else I would be  livid with him if I were Boris.

Says more about Cummings character than anything.

Tories stabbing each other in the back- nothing new.

Boris might be getting his just desserts, after all, he hasn't exactly been honest over a number of things.

When you have leaders who lack a moral stance and are happy to offend certain groups of people, then you will get bitten.

19 minutes ago, butlers said:

Ho ho ho.

The most Prestigious position outside the US President.

Not many laughs to be had in this thread.

I'm not so sure.....

We have had people on here complaining about the way the panic was handled and then moaning about having an enquiry. Then when the inquiry was announce they then moan again and say that it will be a whitewash. We have had people complaining about Cummings actions during lockdown with his trip saying he was a liar and then believing all he said recently as if it was the gospel truth.  

All that is worthy of at least a giggle.

What we do know for certain is another pandemic will come so a deep look at the multiple failures need to be made.

I agree and that needs to be done globally and not just the UK. A global task force needs to be set up as the WHO as it stands is basically inconsistent and useless.

Look at how the east Asian countries who had MERS and SARS ,reacted and were bewildered by our inaction from the start.

As pointed out before butlers the East Asian countries were already geared up for any future possible panics because it's in those East Asian countries where most of the viruses start and originate, excluding Africa being another one.

Guest sibon
51 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Calling someone who is a serial election winner and has the mental capacity to gain the top job in the land and the most prestigious elected position in the World with the possible exception of US President mentally unstable are hardly the views of a rational person with an unbiased unprejudicial mind.  

Just for completeness, I believe  the cost a  domestic public inquiry will be a huge amount of taxpayer's money which could be put to better use.

Absolutely correct. That money could be given to Tory party donors rather than being spent on a witch hunt against the most honest and competent government that this country has ever seen.

Guest sibon
5 minutes ago, apelike said:

We have had people complaining about Cummings actions during lockdown with his trip saying he was a liar and then believing all he said recently as if it was the gospel truth.  

All that is worthy of at least a giggle.

Even funnier are those who defended Cummings to the hilt last year. The same people who are claiming that he’s now Beelzebub made flesh.

In truth, he said little that we don’t already know. The cabinet are useless, Hancock and Johnson are liars. Johnson isn’t fit for office. None of that should surprise anyone .

3 hours ago, Fudbeer said:

Exactly Boris supported him when he needed it most and this is how he repays him.Regardless of anything else I would be  livid with him if I were Boris.

Says more about Cummings character than anything.

Judas springs to mind,  :suspect:

Guest sibon
16 minutes ago, West 77 said:

The money would be better spent on a UK equivalent of Air Force One.  Who ever is Prime Minister from whatever party deserves to travel safely and in style when going to foreign lands.

Good idea, just as long as the tender is given to a Tory donor in a non-competitive process.

They should look into installing a double bed on it. That would keep the incompetent Johnson  occupied  whilst his civil servants do the proper work.